Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone got any examples of like a 4" over narrow glide with 6" zbars on 'em? got some ideas in my head and am wondering how that might look...I guess if nobody has any pics that probably means it looks like shit :)

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
If your Z-Bar has the same width at the bottom as your narrow glide, it doesn't look like shit. If you use an FL style riser, what means you will have to split your bar then it's easy to narrow it of course !

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to use 1" round top (?? I think those are also called FL) with some z-bars, I also have the style of riser that have a one piece clamp across the top, but dont so much like those. I am trying to get my arms up and alittle more straight out - am also kicking around the idea of a broomstick on taller risers - I am just worried that in order to get them "up" enough it will bring them back towards me too far - if I were to make handlebars what material is safe and what is not (i.e. tube, pipe, hell I even have a bunch of bicycle frames that are 1" o.d.)

Thanks-

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Here is a pic from an early 8" over wide-glide front end topped with such a FL riser and a Z-Bar narrowed to match the width of the trees...

Sorry, I did this bike 25 years ago...look only at the "front end & bar combo" dammit ! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah I am not so sure it would work either, I am mocking up some out of some scrap right now to see if I like the look. I may just try some differnt risers an see if I like them better, I am using the style with a single top clamp and would rather have the round top FL style...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts