Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Those were actually made from a set of Sportster style bars. We turned them upside down and cut out the center section. The "risers" are welded to the bar ends and have a machined piece that mounts to the old headlight visor tabs (to keep the bars from turning).

This was a very long and drawn out method of avoiding shaving the visor mounts from the top tree. And to think I was trying to save time by doing it this way!

I'll post some in progress pics shortly.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
StraightPipez said:
Those were actually made from a set of Sportster style bars. We turned them upside down and cut out the center section. The "risers" are welded to the bar ends and have a machined piece that mounts to the old headlight visor tabs (to keep the bars from turning).

This was a very long and drawn out method of avoiding shaving the visor mounts from the top tree. And to think I was trying to save time by doing it this way!

I'll post some in progress pics shortly.
AWESOME! Great work and the way you mounted them is first class, good fabricating! Props for sure!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After digging through pics, here's a few more for you guys.... BUT... I know there are several people on here not bosting their own bikes! Here's some pics to ret them motivated to show off their bars... (can't remember where I got these, so don't flame me. I didn't take these pics)

One of Bass' bikes maybe??? (please correct me if I'm wrong!!)

Japan

Sinner's party (again... I DIDN'T TAKE THESE AND DON'T CLAIM TO)

Max's Knuck

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
MikeV, go to the Danny Franssen thread, there are more pics of this scoot (95 Softail, on page 3) I had to replace the bars since the owner has 3 feet of legs and he kept touching his elbows..!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.