Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
A picture leaps to mind of a girl looking over her shoulder while sitting on one that George Barris did.
Its in one of the Barris Custom books somewhere.....not that I can scan it...but someone's got to know the one I'm referring to.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bigcheese5300 said:
Also known as a "sprung hub" I believe. I'm told they didn't handle very well and that most guys just eliminated the sprung hub and ran the bike as a hardtail.
A friend of mine had a Triumph (350) with one of those. That is slightly different. The frame is like most rigids, goes to a point toward the rear.
The hub though in the wheel is a very large diameter. The hub is two parts, one big, non spinning part in the middle, then an outer "ring" that turns with the spokes and rim. In the big center hub that doesn't spin, there is a slot in that hub and the axle moves up and down inside the hub.

My friend wanted to do a brake job on it but we didn't dare take it apart.:eek:

·
Registered
19 Posts
patch said:
Have a look at the reversed rake on those triple trees tho...
Don't look healthy to me...
tripple trees do have poss rake. Its the tappered fork shrouds that make it look like neg rake.
Most old brit forks were like this.
Both my bikes run with same setup

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bigcheese5300 said:
Also known as a "sprung hub" I believe. I'm told they didn't handle very well and that most guys just eliminated the sprung hub and ran the bike as a hardtail.
I am not 100% sure, but I think "sprung hub" was having the suspension in the hub itself. Another amazing brit invention I would love to own.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.