Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, locked up my engine a couple weeks ago and after staring at the bike in disgust since, I pulled it out tonight.

While it's getting rebuilt I want to redo a bunch of shit on the frame and other components.

Currently it is a bolt-on plunger (Amen style) ass end. I think I've got the top part figured out, how I want to sleeve it and connect it to the backbone. The bottom I'm not so sure on. What is the best way to connect this part? The cast lug parts are so big and currently it's just a flat plate that connects with two bolts per side. Plate just looks kinda hokey, but I'm not confident enough to pull out the lugs completely and slug into the bottom frame rails. I'd love to see some close-up pics of how others have done it so I don't try to reinvent the wheel so to speak.

Thanks.

-Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hatch is right, as ALWAYS.... keep it as it, kinda setup ya dont see every day, i REALLY dig it!

nice ribbed rear fender and some stripping and you got a CLASSY ASS machine

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bill I am waiting for my axle plates to come in and when they do I am doing a weld on hardtail I will share pics so you can see what is done...I am looking at starting the weld on hardtail in the next two weeks...stay tuned...later Chaz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts