Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
How well do they work? Beyond holding the Bike on a Hill,,,[/QUOTE}

from what ive experienced and what ive heard they dont do much past 30 mph. if your rear goes out with one of these pray for about a 1/4 mile to slow down or more if your goin at freeway speeds. I dont know if the new ones work better but the old ones are better left for looks.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
We only used those type of "novelty's" to "legalize" a bike, to avoid a ticket for not having a front brake..they don't work shit, therefor, if you really have to, I always prefered the "half brake" style..one side of the hub looks like a spool, so at least you got that side cleaned-up..they use the same shoes as the full hubs, so they work as bad, no prob there! A swapmeet search item, Santee (picture)sold a zillion of those...Hallcraft had them, but to me they were not as smooth, they had a sharp edge where the drum went over to the spool half..

(the other pic from 20 years ago shows my neigbor's CB with full hub brake, and my Pan with half brake hub..can't see it? I told ya, one side is a spool-half ..Ha ! :D )

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Thanks!
Getting a Juice Durm 16"rear.
And plan to be building a duel acculated Drum 21" for a Mid glide springer ! upper springer plates will ne narrow.
Just hope it all fits? No way wide glide!!
If not Plan B= mini drum on a narrow glide!

No parts in hands but the Springer plates. All in Wide Mid or Narrow plates=open choice here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts