Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still lots of work to do, but i am having a damn good time working on it. I just have to put all the other projects out of my head for a while in order to finish this one. BTW, does anyone know what the bearing and race #'s are for a head set on a BSA A65 frame? Damned ball bearings are a pain..... anyways, here is where i am as of tonite. thoughts? criticisms? I am really new to this cycle stuff, so i am all ears.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I would go total metal flake on everything includin the frame.I dont think that has ever been done.LoL. Looks good all mocked up now lets gettit finished so I can haul it and the trump behind the rpu truck to the pileup this year.Its gonna look good in titty pink flake.

Shoe

·
Registered
287 Posts
Randy D said:
Still lots of work to do, but i am having a damn good time working on it. I just have to put all the other projects out of my head for a while in order to finish this one. BTW, does anyone know what the bearing and race #'s are for a head set on a BSA A65 frame? Damned ball bearings are a pain..... anyways, here is where i am as of tonite. thoughts? criticisms? I am really new to this cycle stuff, so i am all ears.....
Looks real good. Where did you ge thte hardtail? I've been thinking of hardtailing mine....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought some 7/8" O.D. heavy wall DOM tubing and got busy with it. Triumph Terror turned me onto some axle plates at a very reasonable cost. I was gonna cut my own but the ones Shoe had were really nice. I think i have the hardest part of any project (for me) already done. I have the colors picked out! No metalflake-ing the frame cuz i have to hear shoe bitch about his all the time.hahahaaa

hudsoncustom said:
Looks real good. Where did you ge thte hardtail? I've been thinking of hardtailing mine....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought a pair but i dont know if they will work with my forks or not.... heres a pic of my forks and the covers i have are MCM's. i havent gotten there yet but if anyone knows if they are compatible or not..... do tell!

lorin tlb said:
looks good! ask ratwagon about fork covers, his are fn tight.........lorin

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Randy D said:
BTW, does anyone know what the bearing and race #'s are for a head set on a BSA A65 frame? Damned ball bearings are a pain.....
SRM Engineering has a conversion kit that uses taper roller bearings, well worth the money.

/Mikael

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a sportster tank. I have an idea for a simple, but i think effective change on it. I am kinda torn between doing a lot of the little detail stuff now and RIDING the damned thing.

ratrodshrum said:
looks good,nice work. what are you running for that gas tank

1 - 10 of 10 Posts