Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone in the San Diego region would like to get together and do a photoshoot of their bike PM me...

Disclaimer. I'm a Welder. I took art and photo in high school 10 years ago. I think I do okay, but I have an entry level "pro-sumer" canon rebel, but it's 8 megapixel's and does print quality shots. I'm by no means trying to pass myself off as a real photographer. I do have some studio lights, access to a rental studio with nice lighting, and know some models (using the term losely, since they're not proffesional full time models).

Basically I'm just working on building up a portfolio and trying to get in as much practice as I can.

I may try to get some of it published in which case I would be willing to do a write up. Again, I'm a Welder, not a English Lit Major.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fredo, I think mine is the 18-50 zoom, I can't remember the specifics, it came with the camera. It's a descent lense. I can't afford all the fancy stuff :) At the risk of sounding like a moron, whats a Dreble?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Drebel is the nick name given to the Digital Rebel. Not sure if you know this but the Rebel was the first consumer grade DSLR that the average guy could afford, it came in at less then 1,000 bucks and the world went nuts. It turned the Digital Photo world on it's ear. It's a dam fine camera, and you said 8 mp then you have the Rebel XT, Nice unit.
Yeah it sounds like you have the kit lens (camera and lens sold together as a kit). I used my kit lens to shoot a full weding a cpl of weeks ago. Not a damn thing wrong with it.
I had a drebel but moved up to the 20D when I decided to try to make a buck or two with a camera. That plan hasn't paned out yet, but I dig the 20D

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, I know dick about digital. I'm learning though. D-Rebel makes sense now that I look at it that way :) I used to use an old all manual Minolta to shoot back in the day. I had my own dark room too, that was pretty cool. Of course I had a lot more time that. I dig the rebel because it was affordable and very user friendly. I would love to upgrade someday, but it's nice to know that if my camera broke it wouldn't ruin me financially.

I'm shooting two vegas weddings for friends in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
No, no loss of resolustion or other abnormalities, wont blow out at all. The DSLRs are fine all along the range of the lens you're using. The Sigma @ 2.8 gives me a DOF of less then 2 inches, mighty sweet unless thats not what youy want and you forget to change the ap. The 5D Canon put out last year has a full frame sensor so your lens works as designed which is cool. Also the 5D is 12.5 megs. But it is about 26 hundred for the body alone. I want one but I want my shvl finished more.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Voneville said:
I wish you were here too, I dig your sporty.
thanks bro, mountin up the 21 spoolie tonight if i can get to a place to buy shit to make spacers before they close, LOL... put solid bushings in the trees last night, FINALLY i have an ignition (stolen from my new 66 trump) instead of a flip switch, with the spoolie bike will be about done, and should look AWESOME if i dont say so!!! hopefully my trump will look just as good..

thanks again for the compliments...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts