Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When does one stop riding so they can take the time to do everything they want to do to their ride? When do you come to the crossroads of not being able to ride your bike because you have to start working on it to make it yours? I have all kinds of ideas for things but don't want to have down time because I love to ride. Am I thinking too hard?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
In PA there's winter. That should be enough time to get whatever done, especially if you've planned/prepared for it. And there are probably pieces of your master plan that can be accomplished on a rainy weekend, or a couple of evenings after work. As for the master planning, that's probably something you can accomplish at work, or at home sitting on the can.

·
Registered
620 Posts
When does one stop riding so they can take the time to do everything they want to do to their ride? When do you come to the crossroads of not being able to ride your bike because you have to start working on it to make it yours? I have all kinds of ideas for things but don't want to have down time because I love to ride. Am I thinking too hard?
I see it two ways:

You can just take the time, and do it, knowing your bike will be safer, more dependable and last longer.....

Or, you can wait until the bike says to do it, which likely doesn't end as well, and usually requires a friend with a pick-up truck.

Granted: Both will be missed riding time, but with the first one, you're not as pissed off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I see it two ways:

You can just take the time, and do it, knowing your bike will be safer, more dependable and last longer.....

Or, you can wait until the bike says to do it, which likely doesn't end as well, and usually requires a friend with a pick-up truck.

Granted: Both will be missed riding time, but with the first one, you're not as pissed off.
words of wisdom right there although I rarely heed them!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts