Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my memory is suspect about a few things I'm here for some help...I'm working on a particular set up and wondering what size the original petcock was for an Ironhead. I seem to remember 3/8" but maybe it was 1/4"? I also remember it as a single petcock not duals. Am I hallucinating eh? I'd like to run a single 1/4" but would it work with a stock mill?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Depends on what you are remembering. The early sportsters had a dual petcock. To knobs, one on the front and one on the rear, of the same petcock. They are 3/8ths. But I have seen plenty of custom side mounted and bottom mounted, 1/4" ones. Unless you are stroking and running a 100 inch motor, the quarter inch one will work fine. Wow, not I am seeing strange colors, wow, the colors, wow, wow...............

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because I'm a jackass sometimes I need to run one 1/4" OR I get to cut up a nice tank and move around petcocks.........and would prefer not to. I figure a single 1/4" should work since no filter, short run, vented tank, stock motor. Actaully I just got to thinking, (what a concept) I need to look at that bung and see if I can ream it and rethread to a larger size....hmmmmmm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts