Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have some pics of bikes with frisco mounted peanut tanks? I have a tank(possibly a wassel) that I am thinking about running on my triumph but I'd like to see some pictures before I cut out the tunnel and build mounts for it. Thanks-Brian

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
B + M said:
Anybody have some pics of bikes with frisco mounted peanut tanks? I have a tank(possibly a wassel) that I am thinking about running on my triumph but I'd like to see some pictures before I cut out the tunnel and build mounts for it. Thanks-Brian
Look in the Netherlands thread at Chopper Dave's bike (blue pan).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Grif, what do you shoot your foto's with? I'm kinda looking for a new camera/getting into artsy fartsy fotogin. I'd thought about a digital SLR but goddang I'll never get a scoot if I have to buy one of those.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not exactly what you were looking for, but here's a bike I really dig...shot the pic at a car/bike show in the Summer of 2004...the tank was one of the things that really made this scoot stand out from the crowd.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Fat Hack, in your bottom signature you ask:

"Who wants to ride that chrome three wheeler?"

You mean this one, or...?? (sorry,no peanut tank though...:D )

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have been struggling with the definition of "peanut" tank..

Some of us call the early HD sportster tanks "peanut" tanks...

Some of us call the late sportster tanks "peanut" tanks..

what is a peanut tank really?

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
magnet said:
I have been struggling with the definition of "peanut" tank..

Some of us call the early HD sportster tanks "peanut" tanks...

Some of us call the late sportster tanks "peanut" tanks..

what is a peanut tank really?
Here the one and only real peanut tank (yellow) ! Top high tunnel, bottom low tunnel...
Not to be confused with a "Mustang" tank in the middle or an "Axed" tank on the right...

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
If your frame isn't stretched in the legs any, it'll look better mounted low.

This is Kevin Bass' father in the early days...he still has the bike, but now it's sporting bob tanks.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Wow, straight out of a "B" movie, this is Rock & Roll baby !!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
chicagogreaser said:

ooo i wouldnt say that.... This tank looks pretty dam good mounted up a little. Its not full on high mounted but it still looks good.

·
Registered
568 Posts
yard man said:
chicagogreaser said:

ooo i wouldnt say that.... This tank looks pretty dam good mounted up a little. Its not full on high mounted but it still looks good.
I'm pretty sure that it's mounted just as low as Mr. Bass' tank...just pushed a tad more forward on the backbone-still far from a frisco mount. But yes, that does look tasty.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I use a digital slr...as well as a half-dozen "analog" cameras.

G.

efingstein said:
Grif, what do you shoot your foto's with? I'm kinda looking for a new camera/getting into artsy fartsy fotogin. I'd thought about a digital SLR but goddang I'll never get a scoot if I have to buy one of those.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts