Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a pazon on my '71 Commando tomorrow but my copper core plug wires with resistor end caps have not arrived yet. I know your supposed to run electronic ignition systems with copper core wires and some sort of 5ohm resistor be it wire or cap. If I set it up and time it with the stranded steel core wires that are on it now and non resistor plugs would it do damage? I just want to get it dialed in and timed right since I am working all week and would have to wait until next sunday to finish the job (when the wires arrive). But I don't want to burn up the new pazon box or podtronics regulator. Thanks for the input. I'll wait a week if I have to.
-RW

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
we do it all the time with steel stranded wires and regular caps, seldom use the copper wire. the 5k resistor cap are there to prevent RFI interference in the brain box and are available at any Honda store. Just don't mount the Pazon brain near the podtronics unit.
The Pazon is tough as nails, you won't have any problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony,
My Pods mounted to the front of the battery box "in the wind" and the Pazon will be around the coil bracket so I guess thats far enough away. Appreciate the response and will be glad to get it back on the road. I'll get to the new wires but I like a lot of you guys I'm sure get one day a week to wrench if I'm lucky,
thanks again.
-RW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts