Jockey Journal Forum banner
3281 - 3300 of 3384 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hey Rhys, that is one cool bike. Cold out thought eh? Been back on my daily rider for a while now but it sure is cold. So how come no front brake? I'm curious...

Thanks, Dan.
Dan, never ran a front brake on any of my road bikes, always hand shift foot clutch too. Albeit I ride enduro and live on the front brake!! I didn't find it too bad, I have thinsulate gloves you can see, cost me 7 quid and they're good for -20 so warm hands makes it much easier to ride! thanks for the kind words.

You may also appreciate my tank my bud painted, and my engraved cap I did, complete with 17th century prussian fennig!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yow. That's paint, and not um er decoupage or something? Looks great. Have you got a larger pic of the fuel cap? I think I like it but can't really see it well. Thanks for showing, your bike looks swell.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Yow. That's paint, and not um er decoupage or something? Looks great. Have you got a larger pic of the fuel cap? I think I like it but can't really see it well. Thanks for showing, your bike looks swell.
Thank you sir,

Ask and you shall receive.

Rhys

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys! It's taken a year and a lot of money.

When I had the bike shipped from Atlanta the guy had neglected her, she had 2 major oil leaks, timing issues and some serious shoddy workmanship. Everything forced to fit, or wing and prayer.

I can say now she's solid, and all OEM bar a horseshoe oil bag and pig snout kicker next on the list!!

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
I said it already Scott, but you freaking killed it. I love, I mean LOVE this build. Its not one particular piece though.

Usually I look at a bike and think of the ways to make it a long bike, but that would totally fuck this up.

What is the paint color and how did you come across it? Does it look different in real life?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I said it already Scott, but you freaking killed it. I love, I mean LOVE this build. Its not one particular piece though.

Usually I look at a bike and think of the ways to make it a long bike, but that would totally fuck this up.

What is the paint color and how did you come across it? Does it look different in real life?
Thanks Jaws.

The paint:
  • My painter closed his doors a couple of years ago and finding someone new that I like is almost impossible. Price, quality, time frame, and must be local.
  • Paint is an added expense and time suck b/t travel, coordination, waiting, etc. and god forbid one needs to modify anything afterwards........
  • Invariably i spend a ton on a fancy paint job only to start messing it up immediately.
  • I like to build bikes (as well as ride them), and I must sell to move on to the next. Its kinda a waste to spend a bunch on paint that a future owner might not want at all or to shoulder the cost at time of sale.
  • lastly, as a buyer, I appreciate knowing what's under the paint (welds, cracks, repairs dents, or lack there of). So, since there's no fancy paint, there's no bondo, and there's nothing hiding; and any buyer knows exactly what's there .
In light of the above, I started just going with simple, cheap solutions. Any future owner doesnt have to shoulder the cost, and he/she can change it without feeling like they wasted a bunch of money.

So, it's rattle can engine paint (supposedly gas and oil resistant). It's Pontiac blue, but it's a metallic version. There ya go, there's my secret.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
Now its even cooler. Pontiac blue, the metallic version.....engine rattle can paint.

The day we actually meet, Im buying you a beer, coffee or tea, if thats what you are into. No donuts though, fuck those things.

3281 - 3300 of 3384 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.