Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Ive currently got my 55 panhead engine in pieces as I found a crack on the base of my forward cylinder.

The cylinders currently installed are made by ZEL. I think these are an old repro and need changing anyway.

My question is; which repro cylinders should I use, and is there any difference?

I can see you are able to buy “kits” from both V-Twin and Zodiac that include cylinders, pistons, wrist pins and rings and ideally I’d like to buy a kit as everything I have needs replacing.

Does anyone have any experience
with either of these kits?

W&W in Germany sell the zodiac cylinders but I’m wondering are they different to the V-Twin ones?

Cheers,

Venturi.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I Believe the zodiac are the same as V twin. If you can’t find a usable set of OEM, I would try to find re-pros that are made in Japan, as opposed to China, like Dixie. I would have them checked and honed right out of the box. Unless you want to step up to s&s, or the speed in science that was previously mentioned. Jim

·
Registered
34 Posts
avoid V-Twin mfg, ... utter shit, I once had a set that needed to be bored 20thou over, JUST to get the bore straight, the cheap fuck whos bike it was ended paying more to get them useable than a good set would have cost....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts