Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got around to moving my Pan project from "tinker with it, show it to customers" in the office, to the skunkworks room. Maybe I'll get serious about it now. I took a couple of pictures of it when I set it up.

Here's the sissybar I bent up and had chromed. I'll send another picture of the King/Queen seat that I reworked when my upholstery guy finishes.

Time to put on a little Steve Earle and get after it.

Larry T

Attachments

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Copperbobber.

I got the frontend detailed and put together yesterday. Gonna have to cut the drag bars down a little. I guess I'll probably tear the engine apart and look at it next.

Yea, I know I'm a lot slower than Trent. (G)

Off to work.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,
I got THIS tank painted solid black and mounted. I might try some silver leaf and/or pinstriping on it. I'm gonna get a couple more tanks and paint them different, probably metalflake panels on one, flames on another, and......... That way I can change the way the bike looks with a couple of bolts and a gas line change.
I took the topend apart on the engine, no problems but I wanted to make sure. Waiting on gaskets and then I'll put it back together and in the bike. Should come together pretty quick after that. The only bad thing right now is that I haven't heard from my upholstery guy in a week or two.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seat guy brought the seat by yesterday, it's still a little "plush" but it'll do. I've run King and Queens seats on my rigids since the first one I built and I guess I probably always will.

If I get the rest of the parts in for the engine this week, I should have it bolted in by the weekend.

I'm to what I call the 'nuther hunerd stage of the build. I thought I had everything to finish the bike, but every time I work on it I find another hundred dollars worth of parts I need to buy. It's gonna slow progress down a little.

Larry T

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
Everything looks really great Larry. I appreciate what you're saying about the 'hunnert' thing too. All that little stuff adds up towards the end.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tony Bones said:
Everything looks really great Larry. I appreciate what you're saying about the 'hunnert' thing too. All that little stuff adds up towards the end.
Thanks Tony,
Gonna try to get the engine in and the front wheel on, then I might have to take a while to restock the "War Chest".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good looking bike. Maybe you can start a show called Wilbarger County Choppers and get some kid in there you could yell at.

Just joking. I am from the same town. We have the same last name. Our first names rhyme.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thencamebronson said:
Good looking bike. Maybe you can start a show called Wilbarger County Choppers and get some kid in there you could yell at.

Just joking. I am from the same town. We have the same last name. Our first names rhyme.
Hum, have you got a brother with a fire engine red Harley dresser and another with---oh, about a dozen Airheads and one lonely Guzzi???? How are you doing Jr., long time, no see. I talk to Ronnie and Gordon every week or so.
As far as getting a shop gopher to yell at, my customers would be jealous if I weren't yelling at them. (G)
Talk to you later,
Larry

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Flatironmike said:
okay, but, where's the Pan?
Mike,
Here ya go. I took the topend apart to check things and replaced the outside oil lines since this pic. Hopefully, I'll get the engine dropped in the frame tonight.

2 wheel nation,
Thanks, I built the sissy bar and then reworked a LePera seat pan and had it reupholstered (actually twice). I shortened the passenger portion of the seat about 3" and cut a new back that fit the sissybar and had it upholstered. It was WAY to fat, so I ripped the upholstery off and was boxing it up to send to Fat Luckys when a local guy talked me into letting him redo it. I like doing things locally when I can so that I can check the progress as it goes together and change things I don't like. I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out this time.
Back to work,
Larry T

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
You have how many sets of cool rocker covers? That King/Queen seat looks even better in person. I'm afraid that the Disco-covery channel would have to dub in some sound effects for the Wilbarger County Choppers Episode. Maybe call it Quiet Chaos!

I don't know about you, but I'm ready to see it on the road!
LL

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Larry T said:
Seat guy brought the seat by yesterday, it's still a little "plush" but it'll do. I've run King and Queens seats on my rigids since the first one I built and I guess I probably always will.
That seat and the sissy bar really make the bike, nicely done! My '66 Bonnie has an old King & Queen in pretty rough shape. I'm going solo like everyone and their brother but maybe I'll keep the pan for something in the future.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Damn man that is one CLEAN lookin scoot! I dig it alot, not a big fan of King and Quees seats but I must say that one is AWESOME, you've changed my mind....Can't wait to see the finished product....

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I appreciate the feedback on the Panhead. Kinda helps the motivation.

I wasn't gonna post pictures until I was a little further along, but as long as I'm here, I snapped a couple of what it looks like now.

Off to work.
Larry T

1 - 20 of 46 Posts