Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
alleycat said:
They are fucking junk!
id be interested too, only thing i can see, component wise, that might be suspect is the crank.

i cant see how it can be any worse than other crate motors out there. id be willing to go out on a limb and say the componenets are probably better made than the original factory.

STD cases and heads, cant really go wrong there, the rest is mostly S&S and Jims, if its put together by a monkey thats one thing but i would run one.....my only problem with them is they are 88inch, at that point/price just stroke a stock panhead.

i went with aftermarket on my 106" panhead because i wanted a rediculously overpowering CI monster to compensate for my small pee pee. if i wanted 80 inches i would have built stock.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I have a hard time calling any repro with those shovel intake STD heads a "Panhead". Might as well just run those Xotic "Pan" valve covers on an Evo.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
We had bought 4 "Pandemonium" engines. All but one didnt come back and get fixed by CCI. Problems ranged from blowing head gaskets to very excesive oil loss out of "Vent E" crankcase vent or chain oilers to some. There were some baffling problems as I was told.

From what I know now, they are great running engines now and the bugs have been worked out.

I have the one that was the most problematic in my Scorcher. CCI had it twice and now we have ran it down the drag strip a bunch of times... and around town. So far its been a great engine.

-Jason

·
mucho-rake
1,122 Posts
Scorcher said:
We had bought 4 "Pandemonium" engines. All but one didnt come back and get fixed by CCI. Problems ranged from blowing head gaskets to very excesive oil loss out of "Vent E" crankcase vent or chain oilers to some. There were some baffling problems as I was told.

From what I know now, they are great running engines now and the bugs have been worked out.

I have the one that was the most problematic in my Scorcher. CCI had it twice and now we have ran it down the drag strip a bunch of times... and around town. So far its been a great engine.

-Jason
ive seen a brand new one go from crate to frame and blow a head gasket, so add another one to the list

·
Registered
427 Posts
Bad Case said:
Would like to get some feedback from users of this particular engine.

http://www.customchrome.com/catalogs/ccp/0745.html
and
http://www.bikernet.com/csi/csipan.asp

Appreciate it,
Case
Nothing like OEM...If I were going to drop that kind of buck on a repro motor I would atleast buy a Accurate Engineering Motor or find you a HD guy tucked away somewhere in a shop that knows his shit build you one then have a mass produced poser motor...my .02 cents on that one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts