Jockey Journal Forum banner

Pan Super E Jetting ?

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  scott 
#1 ·
Just finished my Pan. Super E is jetted too rich. Motor is bone stock, w/ the exception of a 12 volt ignition.

Jetting suggestions please.

#2 ·
you have to really tinker with those Toney. Is it running rich throughout. You might want to adjust the accelerator pump first, as I remember and its been a while you shouhld be able to blip the carb and it should return to Idle really fast
also make sure your enrichener is closed all the way. Im assuming when you bought the carb it was set up for your application I dont remember if those had a midrange circuit. check all that stuff before rejetting. when you get that thing fired close the enrichener immediately or your plugs will foul for sure.

#3 ·
Tony,
A .280/.295 intermedate and somewhere around a .070 main jet should get you in the ballpark. And Scott's right too, most E's have WAY too much acc. pump shot from the factory. I usually shut the pump completely off and then bring it back up to where it just barely trickles some gas out when you hit the throttle. If you have a flat spot when you accelarate add a little more until it's gone. Air/idle mixture screw should end up around 1 to 1 1/2 out. If it's less, lean out your intermediate jet a little. If it's more richen up your intermediate jet. The main jet doesn't come into play until well over half throttle so you can play with it after you get the idle, intermediate and acc. pump set.
Larry T
BTW your pipes will make a some difference in jetting, drag pipes need a little richer jet that stock or muffled pipes.

#5 ·
First, don't listen to a guy who rides an EVO S/T. I'll bet he's never worked on a pan. Second, a E is way too much carb for a stock Pan. Sell that toilet and get a stock EVO or Twin Cam CV carb or a super G. S&S carbs aren't very adjustable. Ask any one who dyno tunes or has a drag bike. You can get a slightly used CV carb off a EVO or Twin cam for about $100 and the adapter they sell in CCI is only like $15. Sell that P.O.S 'E' to some dummie on a S/T. The thing about CV carbs is they only open as much as your motor needs, why do you think the old bendix and zenith carbs were butter fly style and no motorcycle manufacurer puts that style on their bikes now? Toilets, pure toilets.

#6 · (Edited)
blackesthart said:
First, don't listen to a guy who rides an EVO S/T. I'll bet he's never worked on a pan. Second, a E is way too much carb for a stock Pan. Sell that toilet and get a stock EVO or Twin Cam CV carb or a super G. S&S carbs aren't very adjustable. Ask any one who dyno tunes or has a drag bike. You can get a slightly used CV carb off a EVO or Twin cam for about $100 and the adapter they sell in CCI is only like $15. Sell that P.O.S 'E' to some dummie on a S/T. The thing about CV carbs is they only open as much as your motor needs, why do you think the old bendix and zenith carbs were butter fly style and no motorcycle manufacurer puts that style on their bikes now? Toilets, pure toilets.
The last time I checked a super G was for a bigger engine than a super E
why dont you stick to the subject instead of worrying who is posting.
your bio says it all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.