Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently picked up a pan outer primary with plans of getting it on my 77 shovel. A friend of mine has heard paugho or some other after market company make a shovel inner primary that is compatible with the pan outer. Does anyone know if this is true and who makes it?

Otherwise what fabricating would I be looking to do to shovel inner to be compatible to the pan outer cover?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
NLA from Paughco. I hope someone knows another source.

Just recently picked up a pan outer primary with plans of getting it on my 77 shovel. A friend of mine has heard paugho or some other after market company make a shovel inner primary that is compatible with the pan outer. Does anyone know if this is true and who makes it?

Otherwise what fabricating would I be looking to do to shovel inner to be compatible to the pan outer cover?

Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
You can ask here in the swap meet or look on ebay.Beware though,they all seem to fit a little different.I have one that fits like absolute shit and one that fits good.You also have to switch to belt drive.There might be some modification to the inner to get it to fit right.There's a couple threads about this already.Search tin primary.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
If you're talking about using an original tin outer primary, you might look at a 754 Paughco inner primary. You have to use a transmission mainshaft support with it and it's kick only.
Paughco also makes a tin diamond outer primary that "sorta" works with the stock shovel electric start aluminum inner primary.
Larry T

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have the paugcho setup on my 78 and it is awesome. But I also have a horseshoe oil tank with the inner mount and I hard tailed my frame with a Pan rear which has the factory lower inner mount tab...the inner won't bolt to your Trans, that confuses a lot of peoPle

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I'm kinda confused by this. I have a late shovel with factory belt primary. I originally wanted to keep to e-start and use a tin outer primary. There was what I needed in Paughco's catalog, but the guy on the phone said it was no longer being made, and would likely never be available again.

Larry, are you talking about running just the outer primary cover with the 754 Paughco? Is there a place to bolt the outer primary, other than to the inner primary? Maybe I need to call and ask again. This was a year or two ago.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'm kinda confused by this. I have a late shovel with factory belt primary. I originally wanted to keep to e-start and use a tin outer primary. There was what I needed in Paughco's catalog, but the guy on the phone said it was no longer being made, and would likely never be available again.

Larry, are you talking about running just the outer primary cover with the 754 Paughco? Is there a place to bolt the outer primary, other than to the inner primary? Maybe I need to call and ask again. This was a year or two ago.
Sporticus,
Sorry I wasn't too clear on what I posted, it was late. I was talking about what inner primary you'd need to run an actual early tin primary on a shovelhead.

I think Notcool has you covered on an outer primary to bolt to your stock inner primary (V-Twin).

I really like the setup Dragstews posted too.

It's nice to have options. :)
Larry T

·
Banned
7,407 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts