Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Personally I really think an extended "custom aftermarket springer" (AEE, Amen, Butts, C&G, CCW, Denver's, Dick Allen, Fury, Ness, Olympus, Paughco, Randy, SB&F, S.I.E, Sugar Bear, Jammer, and about 50 other manufacturers were all chromed and should be completely rechromed when they are restored... Same thing with extended girders...and exactly the same with Invader style wheels.. they should sparkle in the sun..!
To me they just scream "I couldn't afford a new chrome job" when they are painted or coated...

Again, as I said, that's just my personal 0.2 cents !

However, OEM-style springers (short or extended) can look good to me when painted/coated completely or half/half.. to enhance the "classic" idea..

·
Registered
726 Posts
+1 worth the wait to rechrome
Personally I really think an extended "custom aftermarket springer" (AEE, Amen, Butts, C&G, CCW, Denver's, Dick Allen, Fury, Ness, Olympus, Paughco, Randy, SB&F, S.I.E, Sugar Bear, Jammer, and about 50 other manufacturers were all chromed and should be completely rechromed when they are restored... Same thing with extended girders...and exactly the same with Invader style wheels.. they shouls sparkle in the sun..!
To me they just scream "I couldn't afford a new chrome job" when they are painted or coated...

However, OEM-style springers (short or extended) can look good to me when painted/coated completely or half/half.. to enhance the "classic" idea..

·
Registered
185 Posts
@PuzPounds- your bike is sick. The color scheme is simple but not overdone. I love the headlight. A lot of good stuff going on there. Do you have better/more pics?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Personally I really think an extended "custom aftermarket springer" (AEE, Amen, Butts, C&G, CCW, Denver's, Dick Allen, Fury, Ness, Olympus, Paughco, Randy, SB&F, S.I.E, Sugar Bear, Jammer, and about 50 other manufacturers were all chromed and should be completely rechromed when they are restored... Same thing with extended girders...and exactly the same with Invader style wheels.. they should sparkle in the sun..!

I buy this for sure...even though one of my front ends is in this thread...the reason...because I couldn't afford the chrome haha. For me shaking down a bike for 1 or 2 years making sure everything is where I want it and shit stops falling off, then its time to chrome my shinny parts and paint my purty parts...until then its nice to have a little rattle can so I don't get pissed off when I have to grind it down to re-weld or whever else might need to happen. I'm not a pro builder so when I put a bike together I know it will take some time before she is a solid machine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.