Jockey Journal Forum banner

paint scheme suggestions?

4K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  the Harpoon 
#1 ·
this is a rare little peanut tank ive got and im tryin to come up with a good 60's style paint scheme. i was thinking maybe some lace in the dip in the tank with a some kind of fade job? suggestions anyone? dont mind the cirlces, its just where there needs to be some more bondo.

Attachments

See less See more
#16 · (Edited)
the Harpoon said:
Uhmm, no. I'm needing a cool tank for my panhead.

seriously kid, sell me the tank, it will surely receive the love it deserves.
Harpoon, id love to sell it to you. i wish i could sell it to you. but a real good friend of mine gave it to me. i had to beg and plead for it. but, if i ever come across another one or anything similar to it, i will defiantly let you know.

#17 ·
Capt. Cal said:
Harpoon, id love to sell it to you. i wish i could sell it to you. but a real good friend of mine gave it to me. i had to beg and plead for it. but, if i ever come across another one or anything similar to it, i will defiantly let you know.
Yeah but, you'll really like my 60's style panhead chopper(I know you like those) that I will put it on and the paint will be like really keen dad...It'll look sooo good, you and your friend'll be so super happy about it all, you won't even be able to stop patting yourself on the back about how great an idea you had to sell me that tank, I promise.

#18 ·
the Harpoon said:
Yeah but, you'll really like my 60's style panhead chopper(I know you like those) that I will put it on and the paint will be like really keen dad...It'll look sooo good, you and your friend'll be so super happy about it all, you won't even be able to stop patting yourself on the back about how great an idea you had to sell me that tank, I promise.
haha you drive a hard bargain Harpoon. ill have to think about it. and how exactly did you know i like 60s style panheads.......?

#22 ·
Slim said:
Harp you crack me up

just buy a mustang style tank or a peanut and cut the sides and invert `em

or are you just not wanting to do the work?
This is easy and i could do it anytime. An original custom tank, on the period custom chopper it was made for, however, is uncomparingly neato keen daddyo. I have an original wassel peanut tank in the customizing works already for my 45.

#23 ·
the Harpoon said:
Enough of this Panhead talk. Ballard Market girls love a man on a 45.

#26 ·
Capt. Cal said:
i was thinkin, got anything to trade? i dont really want to be out a peanut tank. lets say..... ill trade my tank for maybe another tank and a few bucks, or maybe a panhead motor, idk, whatcha ya got? :D
what about a honda c, cl, cs ,s 90cc motor? if they are the 3speed clutchless(?) kind with high/lo gear selections, I may have access to one for ya!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.