Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my frame, cant decide to gloss over metal or paint it... if bare metal, will run green flake tank and fender... if paint will do black with gold flake fender and tank... its an XS650 btw... green bikes are bad luck, yadda yada yada, i dont care... gotta die some way, LOL.. no frontr brakes are bad luck too, and im probly doin that... i just feel bad covering a frame i dig so much... hmmm..

input?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
both of those color combos sound cool(bare metal/green or black/gold).i'm tryin' to picture the over all look of yer bike. the clear over bare metal would prolly be cooler. i'm picturing sparkys when his was all steel. post some pix, man.

whatever ya decide lemme know, so i can lace yer seat to match.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i posted frame pics.. rest is a normal bike til i can find a whitewall rear tire, LOL.. and get your seat... tough decision... i would propbly pull apart and paint eventually... i think maybe i will do black, more fun, LOL... not really, but idk, no reasoning..... just seems like a more finished bike... plus, bare metal is real cool if all bare metal, but more bondo on my tank than in a 74 caddy. so cant go bare metal there... plus if i satin black it all i can stripe and scallop it up nice.. tank and fender with flake gold scallops and white stripping. .

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahahahhaa... yesterday it got a THOROUGH cleaning and 4 coats clear... made up my mind i guess.. can always tear apart to paint

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
stratocaster said:
It's your bike.Glad you made a decision.I thought that photo would have convinced you to paint it though.:rolleyes: -Strat.
it won a judges choice trophy at the last hog rally here so i guess it looks ok to some other folks too. btw, the guy that bought it has a body shop outside dallas and even he prefers to keep it bare metal. different strokes for different folks. the bike i'm building now though has a painted frame, it just depends on the character of the bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts