Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....I came to the realization on something. My 53 AJS I'm restoring - I no longer have the bill of sale for it, I think I lost it our move. And I've tried contacting the guy to get a new one, but can't get a hold of him. (Its been two years since I got it). So my quandry is, in the state of PA, what do I do when its time to get it titled? Will the state still accept my application, with all the appropriate paper work, without a bill of sale? It came as a whole bike and engine is original, so its not like its a collection of oddball parts. Or am I gong to have to go the ITS/Broadway route?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I was hoping is that I could just run the numbers thru the fuzz, get them checked. Do the paper work and inspection, and it would suffice. But I have the knawing feeling your right, that I'm going to have to get ITS on the line.

I knew it was going to be a problem. Trying to keep track of that, over the course of a few years, because its just an on the side restoration.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I kinda have the feeling that without a notarized bill of sale, you'll need to do the title service company route too.

But I have really good luck in asking these questions of the local Notary services.

Usually I just gather whatever paperwork I have, dump it on their counter, and get them to sort thru it. They could probably even tell you what you'd need over the phone (although they're obviously not going to recommend a title service, they'll just tell you you're screwed).

The guy at Brenneman's in West York is particularly sharp on knowing what paperwork's required for getting things legal. And ya know when you get an answer from them it's not guesswork.

My 2 cents.
Later-
Rob

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
if you go through broadway, do it soon because they are backed up like crazy. i sent away for my papers in may & they told me that i wont get anything until august. sucks, my bike is done but i cant get it legal for 2 more months! luckily my speed triple is legal & both bikes are black triumphs. i just hope the fuzz doesnt impound my scoot because id probably just explode if that happened.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Contact one of the local notary/registration places. I used a place called "fast tags" and they got both my bikes titled. And admitidly neither should have been. But they got it done.

They know more work arounds the PA law then anyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts