Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...hey fellas, the other day I noticed about another DVD from an Aussie guy: "Kog"
seems the guy is not a mechanic, so is more of a stripping and rebuild by a rider point of view.

A good thing is that s done on a ´86 bonnie, so couple of different stuff could be there

Any one watched it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yeah, its good fun & cheap nothing very technical (what we would term in Australia as a "roadside rebuild" how to.)
He is most surely one of a kind, political advocate of legalizing marijuana. I know a few people who aren't into bikes who enjoyed his DVD.

I won't be surprised at all when one day the mother ship calls back to pick him up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Havnt seen his rebuild video, but he does have some other how to videos and books on a not so legal type of venture. ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
pretty sure ive seen this guys book on a mates "coffee" table.

Just checked out the preview on You Tube. Wondering now whether to get this as im doing a rougher (read: stumbling & learning along the way with limited knowledge) rebuild on my first bike (68' 650) or just go straight to the Wes White DVD...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I haven't seen the new video...but I would gather as much information print and video...become familiar with it.
Me, I got Wes' video, watched it a bunch of times before taking the motor out of the bike....I can honestly say, I was familiar with pretty much every bolt on that motor and trans when I tore into it....Though the clutch reassembling was lacking...I hit u-tube and Lunmad (I think) filled in the blanks.....

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Believe it or not I just got a set on e-bay for my shovel, its 4 speed and maintenance, timing, carbs and such..they were $70 for the 3 of them...I watched the 4 speed teardown and reassembly....very in depth and great for "following" or becoming familiar. Watching the maintenance vid...also great info for visual and apposed to written text...saving the re build / tear down for later.....
I got them because I am having problems with my clutch "grabbing"...and hard finding neutral.....so far I haven't found any parts about the clutch assembly / trouble shooting on the videos...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250941161197?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
they appeared to have been "filmed" a while ago....it shouldn't really matter, these motors aren't exactly state of the art...
...as for my clutch "grabbing" ....from what I gather the stock H.D. clutch is crap (I cant understand why)...and a proper fix is a primo setup for about $450

1 - 8 of 8 Posts