Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
i like the testimonials..

listen to these.

63 nova rat? specialize in old school bikes and rods. haha.

"I got 2 pinstripes today...they are friggin great!...we specialize in building old school bikes and rods, I have a '63 Nova Rat that I put your two scrolls on and they look amazing!! the car is in the shop and I already have customers asking about them. great product! Thanks"

I just received my set i ordered put them on my 78 ford 3/4 ton i just finished painting like last week maaaaaaaaaan what a diff it makes!!!

Really GREAT Striping - Really Rat City

Decal is awsome,,,looks like paint on my helmet, great packaging!

great packaging? wtf!!!!

hahahaha.

to add to my deal, i'll let you keep my dirty papertowels when i'm done for an extra 5$

man, to be completely honest, i dont wanna do work for noone who would consider doing that...so its no sweat of my back

-rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
man i have wasted hundreds and hundreds of hours pinstriping, and all i had to do was buy this crap? i feel cheated. lets all order matching pinstriping.who wants the one off hand done crap that ive been doing?

oh and caffiene, i love everything ive seen of yours. its people like you who inspire me.

lefty

·
Registered
504 Posts
maybe they invented that for the cheap bastards who don't wanna pay an artist..... who knows.

the less people try to do it for real, the cooler it is anyways.....

as long as i does not die out. of course finding one shot reducer and neatsfoot oil is already impossible enough.............. nevermind.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
snortonnorton said:
maybe they invented that for the cheap bastards who don't wanna pay an artist..... who knows.

the less people try to do it for real, the cooler it is anyways.....

as long as i does not die out. of course finding one shot reducer and neatsfoot oil is already impossible enough.............. nevermind.
why bother,

Mineral spirits and 10w30 are much cheaper.

screw 1-shot reducers.

-Rob

·
Registered
884 Posts
man i'm going to be the coolest dude at the next show. with my fake pinstriping and my fake sleeved tattoos. can't wait!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That's funny....I was wondering why they don't put "tattoos" in Cracker Jacks anymore.

Of course, that's a snack food that just isn't the same out of a BAG!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mansruin said:
have you seen the fake tattoo sleeves? those things are gayer then bigddy31 (zing!)....
I wonder if people would still buy those shirts if they realized how much they looked like my favorite print blouse from Macy's? ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's kind of a bummer that they exist, but they've around since the 50's and they haven't put the real guys out of work yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mansruin said:
holy crap. who needs a brush and one shot when you can just mail order fake pinstriping off egay.
http://stores.ebay.com/Twisted-Chrome_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm
Ive been custom painting air brush and doing my own pistriping for over 30yrs and when I started there was NO PLACE available to show how to everything there is out there now days.I know Im beatin an old drum here but it sure has come a long way and now you can get anything ya want .And most of all the striping (not all) is just copies of all the real original from the past.I have my own style and not repetitive as I try not tobe. But still think the best is one who isnt copying everything and calling it "old school". See one....seen em all syndrome.Just ventin I guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
you guys just wish you thought of it first ... http://stores.ebay.com/Twisted-Chrome ... this stuff is cool, and brings the 'craft' of pinstriping to a broder audiance ... i'd rather have these then some of the poor a$$ pinstripe jobs i've seen some guys do. look, you can never replace paint, but you sure can have a little fun for a few bucks then chargin someone $150 for it ... grumpy bunch you are.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
zigs said:
... grumpy bunch you are.
Shit...now you've done it!
Say....I used to hang out with a kid in high school named "zig"....you never lived in Massachusetts did you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Richie said:
Shit...now you've done it!
Say....I used to hang out with a kid in high school named "zig"....you never lived in Massachusetts did you?
no man sorry ... i just stop in MA to fill up the scooter on the way up to laconia.

re: pinstripe decals ... would still buy one of those over a stupid helmet sticker. ... then again i like my helmet stickers too ... hmmm. such a quandry, think i need a bigger helmet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts