Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Folks,
We talked about a little about how guys that were into bikes in the 60's/70's were or weren't hotrodders too on another thread. A member of a gasser list I'm on just sent this picture to the list and I thought I'd pass it on (after clearing it with him).
This is a picture of the Smith Bros.& Fetrow gasser from the 60's. This is the same Smith Bros. & Fetrow that manufactured and sold top of the line frames, springers, and girders in the 70's. Donnie Smith was one of the owners.

·
Tiny Member
1,453 Posts
My dad had plenty of buddies who were building cars and bikes in the 70's. These guys weren't afraid to build a Meyer's Manx, Toyota FJ-40, or damn near anything else they could get their hands on either. It was about building and friends, not being a scene-sucking cunt.

And if If they couldn't have afforded to build that stuff, they would have hopped up lawnmowers and go-karts because that's what real motor heads do.

·
Registered
246 Posts
All the old timers I know built Everything. A lot seem to have been into the multi engine tractor pull stuff in the 80s

I have a Smith Bros. girder. Nice piece.

·
Banned
2,854 Posts
Tony Bones said:
My dad had plenty of buddies who were building cars and bikes in the 70's. These guys weren't afraid to build a Meyer's Manx, Toyota FJ-40, or damn near anything else they could get their hands on either. It was about building and friends, not being a scene-sucking cunt.

And if If they couldn't have afforded to build that stuff, they would have hopped up lawnmowers and go-karts because that's what real motor heads do.
You nailed it Tony.....I graduated from high school in 69.....we were more concerned about getting our hands on the next project or killer part we needed than vietnam. I didn't like the future yuppies then, and just because they buy some pos occ abortion, it doesn't make them part of MY crowd. They can still bite me.

This pic is in 1968.....my 64 falcon with a new 68 302 motor, fourspeed.....goodyear indy tires on deep chrome reverse with skinny cragars on the front.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts