Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: Left side of gas tank holds oil, right side holds gas. I've got drag bars and mid controls so I basically lay on the tank. I'm an obsessive oil watcher so I put in a cup of oil after Friday's commute to work.

Saturday I take the chop out to Home Depot. Buy three rolls of that non-slip stuff you put in tool chests. I left my jacket at home. I wear it 99.9% of the time but this time I was rockin my favorite Minor Threat shirt. Stuff the rolls down my shirt and set out on the one mile ride. Get more stares than usual…the rolls kinda gave me boobies.

Turn left at the stoplight and I'm full throttle through 1st and 2nd. Let off the throttle and whissssss. The rubber stopper in the oil side of goes flying. Oil goes everywhere: favorite t-shirt, face, helmet, tank, trees, pants, boots, and such. Should have put in just ½ a cup.

The whole dino VS synthetic debate is over. Synthetic tastes really bad.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
God I love Minor Threat.

Now you know how "Hal" felt I guess.
"Hal's spillin
Malt liquor
On his Minor
Threat sticker"
(I know, I know, obscure Dag Nasty reference....I'm a geek)
I feel you pain though...I ruined a perfectly good Steve Cab' shirt when my fork seals blew.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hey Ed, by any chance is your scoot red? I saw a red "something" going the other way on 66 and was liek what the? Wondering if it's you.. Went by too fast and I wasnt paying attention, so I didnt get a good look..

XCS

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red it is. I was on I66 this weekend as well as yesterday and today. Riding that thing rough! What day were you talking about?

XCabbieS said:
Hey Ed, by any chance is your scoot red? I saw a red "something" going the other way on 66 and was liek what the? Wondering if it's you.. Went by too fast and I wasnt paying attention, so I didnt get a good look..

XCS

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
Richie said:
God I love Minor Threat.

Now you know how "Hal" felt I guess.
"Hal's spillin
Malt liquor
On his Minor
Threat sticker"
(I know, I know, obscure Dag Nasty reference....I'm a geek)
I feel you pain though...I ruined a perfectly good Steve Cab' shirt when my fork seals blew.
fuckin great! not only do we get a minor threat reference but dag nasty too!!(still good even though its from wig out). if it makes you feel any better i lost my crippled youth(BOLD) - join the fight shirt from back in the day at smoke outIII...had that fucker since high school...still pissed.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Tom, I was out near manassas between 145 and 3 yesterday..Im pretty sure thts when I saw you.. Iwas like a flash of red, and noise, I was going the other way, and that natural instinct to see what it is took over and all I managed to see was the ass end of the bike.. does your frame have the "swingarm" for lack of a better word, in it still? Does that even make sense? I was all drool...sweet... I hate being in my car...

XCS

·
TI_Tuesday
1,247 Posts
XCabbieS said:
Tom, I was out near manassas between 145 and 3 yesterday..Im pretty sure thts when I saw you.. Iwas like a flash of red, and noise, I was going the other way, and that natural instinct to see what it is took over and all I managed to see was the ass end of the bike.. does your frame have the "swingarm" for lack of a better word, in it still? Does that even make sense? I was all drool...sweet... I hate being in my car...

XCS
no, thats Ed...he's the only mf'er on 66 commuting to work on a rigid with a tank that holds about a gallon or so of gas. looking like the red-barron

·
TI_Tuesday
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tom is a really goofy friend of mine that I let wash my bike. Oh yeah, he helps pay for my lunch now and then. He rides a pimp shovel with apes and a player springer front end.

My bike is red but that wasn't me. I couldn't be seen on a soft tail.

I was in that area of Manasty Sunday getting a brake switch from Whitts.

So when are you setting up a FR chop ride with a bit of Melting Pot thrown in?

·
Registered
335 Posts
DOH! Sorry Tom, didnt mean to pull you in there.. It wasnt a softail, it was definately a rigid, but one of those frames that has the bracing on it from the plates up to the engine..looks sorta like it still has a swingarm if ya get my drift.. Ive seen em on some of the buell chop frames..

Anyway, Ed, you do love your metling pot dont you? LOL!! Well, Im down to wiring my bike up, screw painting the tail end of the frame until its too damn cold to ride (ice on the road) :D . So, with that being said, the end of September, Beginning of october works for me. Looks like the 1st of Oct is a sat, if you all wanted to swing out that way. Myself and a couple other could meet up with whoever shows up and we head out, then back to the pot for some food and such. Work for you all? Oh, Ill need to get it inspected before then too...hmmm. Ill make it happen. Let me know if you all are interested..Ill see what i can come up with..
XCS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Damnit! Did it again! Too many damn people to respond too:D ! Gettin my replys all bassakwards and shit... Im sure you guys are bright enough to figure out who/what I was refering to in the above aforementioned posting that occured earlier in said above thread...whew...Ha!

XCS

·
Registered
617 Posts
tom said:
fuckin great! not only do we get a minor threat reference but dag nasty too!!(still good even though its from wig out). if it makes you feel any better i lost my crippled youth(BOLD) - join the fight shirt from back in the day at smoke outIII...had that fucker since high school...still pissed.
I still got that crippled youth 7" on clear vinyl...!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts