Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
off topic but I know some guys here cast stuff, I need to restore a vintage Pepsi cooler and the only way I can think to replace some missing stuff is to cast them, can anyone cast me a couple small pieces if I provide a good piece as a pattern??? thanks-

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Mike V said:
Do you have any Triumph buckles left?
Not sure, I haven't done a run of buckles in about a year. I've got abox of bukles in the back porch of all sorts of designs. I can go look. Brass is really expensive to get now even at scrapyards and I need about 30 lbs to do a pour. I have artwork completed for a few more designs and really should kick myself in the ass to get going on them again but time... And my regular job has me working overtime lately.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What is the material?

not sure, they are the corner pieces of an old soda cooler, non-structural, they could be made of just about anything I suppose, I'll check out your work...

·
Registered
896 Posts
Creepinogie said:
Not sure, I haven't done a run of buckles in about a year. I've got abox of bukles in the back porch of all sorts of designs. I can go look. Brass is really expensive to get now even at scrapyards and I need about 30 lbs to do a pour. I have artwork completed for a few more designs and really should kick myself in the ass to get going on them again but time... And my regular job has me working overtime lately.
I should start casting, you know how much brass I've dumped in the pacific ocean and persian gulf? Well navy brass, not sure if you can cast with that stuff or not. I know you go to jail if you try to recycle it in san diego.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
rukwikenuf said:
Creep..............why not make anything for the good ol CV carbs? if you had one of those ribbed snouts and it would fit my CV, id be ALL OVER that!
Basically because this whole thing started from making stuff for myself and I don't have anything running a CV carb. But if I get my hands on a carb so I can measure the bolt pattern, I'd do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts