Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The permit fees to film at Bonneville during Speedweek are outrageous. Definitely waaay over our budget. Anyone know someone on the Board of Directors at Bonneville they might be able to nudge?? or put in a good word??

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Huh? We're just going to go with some digital video cameras? Who were you talking to? We'll be out during speedweek. We've got a camera in the bike, one on the starting truck and one being run by a crew member. Or, are you talking some big production??

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Creepinogie said:
Huh? We're just going to go with some digital video cameras? Who were you talking to? We'll be out during speedweek. We've got a camera in the bike, one on the starting truck and one being run by a crew member. Or, are you talking some big production??
This is a direct quote from the lady i emailed at the SCTA "we do not allow any filming of and during our event without permission from the Board of Directors" They seem pretty serious about enforcing it also as there are going to be other people out there filming....

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I guess it's one more thing I need to worry about - check into.
Thanks for bringing this up. You may have saved me a night in jail, fine, banishment, what ever. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing anyone with movie cameras out there. But these digital recorders are pretty small...

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's not the size of the camera...i imagine when you put it up to your head(while filming)....that's the dead give away........hehehehehehehe!:D

·
Registered
936 Posts
I wonder if permits are needed for public display films only, or if it covers the whole gamut including films for private individual purposes as well.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Creepinogie said:
But these digital recorders are pretty small...
the cameras we are using are broadcast quality...so its pretty obvious. didn't want to trek all the way out there and have someone tell us we can't shoot. so i'm covering all the bases.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ol_scratch said:
I wonder if permits are needed for public display films only, or if it covers the whole gamut including films for private individual purposes as well.
i would think they would be a little more lenient (sp?) towards personal filming...but the way this lady is talking it doesn't sound like they let much slide :(

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
We're doing really personal filming. My brother shoots streetbike hooligan films and does all the video editing and he's going to be out there with us to film everything including the streetscene at night in Wendover. But we would like to sell some of these for donations, etc. Some of my brother's bullet cameras are pretty small and not noticible unless your looking for them. I didn't see any video nazis when we were there two years ago but then agan, I wasen't looking for them.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Which is why I'm glad you brought t up. I'm a member of the Bonniville Nationals and haven't heard about any rules but you can bet I'll find out. We shoud keep in touch about this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts