Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spray bombed the tank tonight and have a little orange peel. Its got 4 coats of paint on it and im wondering what grit paper I should use to knock down the orange peel without going to deep......

Thanks
Chris

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
SABTRUMP said:
So I spray bombed the tank tonight and have a little orange peel. Its got 4 coats of paint on it and im wondering what grit paper I should use to knock down the orange peel without going to deep......

Thanks
Chris
honestly, i usually use 1000 or 2000 for paint and clear to knock down orange peel.. wetsanding all the way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sparkymoffett said:
honestly, i usually use 1000 or 2000 for paint and clear to knock down orange peel.. wetsanding all the way.
Thanks man, i'll start out with a wet 1000

·
TI_Tuesday
748 Posts
SABTRUMP said:
Thanks man, i'll start out with a wet 1000
but be careful!! even though you put on a few coats, that spraybomb shit is thin.

how did that head and rockers work out for ya?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sparkymoffett said:
but be careful!! even though you put on a few coats, that spraybomb shit is thin.

how did that head and rockers work out for ya?
Worked out greatm thanks again for the deal

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
StraightPipez said:
What brand did you use (paint)?
Dont laugh, but home depot started carying KILLZ spray paint, so I though i would give it a try. Im actually pretty empressed with it, goes on real smooth (except for the slight orange peel)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Big Nick said:
I laughed but i swear it wasnt at your post. I got a can of that paint, havent used it yet.
I was pretty impressed with it, you can spray it upside down and comes out great, just as the can stated, and hell its cheaper than the other crap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts