Jockey Journal Forum banner

On the topic of skateboarding.........

4K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  c.c-huber 
#1 · (Edited)
I dug this out of my closet. How many have ever seen one of these.

#17 ·
I got that board in Longbeach at the skate and surf show. The girl that worked at the Circle A booth invited me to stop by where they made the boards. Got to check out the place and she gave me that deck. I guess Duane was going to skate for them and changed his mind. I'm not sure if they even sold that deck, we couldn't get any more of them at the shop. Think I'm gonna hang on to it.

#18 ·
Kick...lemme know if you are into a trade.
Have some sweetness that may or may not be more up your alley.
Pool deck?
Hmmm...
What size ya like?
Big Pig, mid-school, new popsicle-ish wide deck, eighties style? How long?
There are a ton of cool new decks out that will do nicely.
I was making midsized pool decks with ill kongkave...but, had to put 'em on hold til the film is done.

#19 ·
shitbird said:
Kick...lemme know if you are into a trade.
Have some sweetness that may or may not be more up your alley.
Pool deck?
Hmmm...
What size ya like?
Big Pig, mid-school, new popsicle-ish wide deck, eighties style? How long?
There are a ton of cool new decks out that will do nicely.
I was making midsized pool decks with ill kongkave...but, had to put 'em on hold til the film is done.
Bird, what models you got in stock. That Tejano helion looks bitchin, any personal recomendations on trucks?

#22 ·
Are any of you from the Dayton, OH area and know anything about Alien Workshop? Used to hear stories about how they got their name and how the company got started and was hoping that someone was familiar with the company. I don't know if they ever really got big on the left coast, but they sure were big in the no coast area! They were like a small conspiracy in Mid-Ohio region.

Man, you guys are bringing back big time memories! My first board was the blue Mike McGill that had the skull with the snake. Of course it had to have blue tracker trucks and PINK Slime Balls!! I think I maybe even had pink rails too! That board was SUPER heavy man!

#23 ·
one_bitter_dude said:
Personally, I always perfered the Santa Cruz boards in the 80's. Don't ask why just did. The concave felt better to me
I have a piece of warped plywood in my back yard you can have. It's about the same width and weight as those things.

scootermcrad said:
My first board was the blue Mike McGill that had the skull with the snake.
That dude taught me how to drop in. I had that board too. It sucked but looked cool.

#24 ·
My wife just threw away a Santa Cruz everslick prototype that was given to me as a kid. I skated the shit out of it but it was still in good shape. I could have killed that bitch!:D

I'm looking for a few board is anyone is looking to sell : Bill Tocco octopus board, a Ray Barbie board (public domain era), Kevin Staab (Pirate), and and of the Blind Powell parodys.....
one_bitter_dude said:
Personally, I always perfered the Santa Cruz boards in the 80's. Don't ask why just did. The concave felt better to me

#25 ·
justjeff said:
My wife just threw away a Santa Cruz everslick prototype that was given to me as a kid. I skated the shit out of it but it was still in good shape. I could have killed that bitch!:D
I loved that board! It was also heavy as hell, but once you lugged it up to a ledge, rail, etc.... board slides for miles! I forgot about that board! Good stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.