Jockey Journal Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
ozone said:
Anybody have a Hawk or Cab board from the 80's they wanna sell? Always wanted one back when but I had couldn't afford them.
YOu know who might be able to hook you up? Caffine has done some pin striping for Cab.

Personally, I always perfered the Santa Cruz boards in the 80's. Don't ask why just did. The concave felt better to me

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Are any of you from the Dayton, OH area and know anything about Alien Workshop? Used to hear stories about how they got their name and how the company got started and was hoping that someone was familiar with the company. I don't know if they ever really got big on the left coast, but they sure were big in the no coast area! They were like a small conspiracy in Mid-Ohio region.

Man, you guys are bringing back big time memories! My first board was the blue Mike McGill that had the skull with the snake. Of course it had to have blue tracker trucks and PINK Slime Balls!! I think I maybe even had pink rails too! That board was SUPER heavy man!

·
Registered
174 Posts
one_bitter_dude said:
Personally, I always perfered the Santa Cruz boards in the 80's. Don't ask why just did. The concave felt better to me
I have a piece of warped plywood in my back yard you can have. It's about the same width and weight as those things.

scootermcrad said:
My first board was the blue Mike McGill that had the skull with the snake.
That dude taught me how to drop in. I had that board too. It sucked but looked cool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
My wife just threw away a Santa Cruz everslick prototype that was given to me as a kid. I skated the shit out of it but it was still in good shape. I could have killed that bitch!:D

I'm looking for a few board is anyone is looking to sell : Bill Tocco octopus board, a Ray Barbie board (public domain era), Kevin Staab (Pirate), and and of the Blind Powell parodys.....
one_bitter_dude said:

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
justjeff said:
My wife just threw away a Santa Cruz everslick prototype that was given to me as a kid. I skated the shit out of it but it was still in good shape. I could have killed that bitch!:D
I loved that board! It was also heavy as hell, but once you lugged it up to a ledge, rail, etc.... board slides for miles! I forgot about that board! Good stuff!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I dont skate, but I teach shop to a bunch of kids who do. Seems I heard somewhere about "kits" for making your own boards, can anyone turn me on to those? That might be a cool project for my kids in class...

·
Registered
261 Posts
There are these, http://www.roarockit.com/
I
ve never used them but they seem like what your looking for.
Dan said:
I dont skate, but I teach shop to a bunch of kids who do. Seems I heard somewhere about "kits" for making your own boards, can anyone turn me on to those? That might be a cool project for my kids in class...

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have a bag we can put together and sell as a package deal! j/k
Nicke said:

I used to go demon in those but now I'm thinking of selling them on eBay, I mean I don't really ride any more, now I'm more of a inline fan. - What are they worth you think?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts