Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from here going? I might be social for once. Then again I doubt it. but at least i can make fun of you behind you back if I know who's going.

·
Registered
48 Posts
sojerscraper said:
i may go. do you think it'd be worth driving about 160 miles round trip?
Only if you like really old Motorcycles. I'll be there either Fri. or Sat. Knuckleheads are the feature this year. Last week I saw a '16 HD with sidecar sold at auction that hopefully will there for show and tell. You drive from the sidecar. Big time cool.

·
Registered
936 Posts
The plan thus far is to go. Not that I have any money to buy anything, but I like to go. I believe the Chadd's Ford auction is the same weekend as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where is Oley,PA in relationship to Youngstown,OH?I can't find my atlas.....and yes,I'm too lazy to look it up on the internet.

Jimmy D

·
Registered
48 Posts
jimmydiesel said:
Where is Oley,PA in relationship to Youngstown,OH?I can't find my atlas.....and yes,I'm too lazy to look it up on the internet.

Jimmy D
Oley is just north of Reading, Pa. From rt.78, go south on rt. 61, then south? or east? on rt. 73.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good chance I'll be there...it rained last year and there was plenty of good stuff to see. Knuckles this year! AMCA shows are the best - my opinion.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll probably go to the Chadds Ford show. Its close enough that I could hit it with a rock if I wanted to. And I want to, so watch out for rocks.

Spike

·
Registered
936 Posts
Spike! said:
I'll probably go to the Chadds Ford show. Its close enough that I could hit it with a rock if I wanted to. And I want to, so watch out for rocks.

Spike
I'm thinking I might hit up the Chadds Ford for a little while then up to Oley. If its a nice riding day, i.e. anything but rain or snow. Its not like I have money for anything at either.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Spike! said:
UPDATE! The Chadds Ford show is the 29th and 30th. Drove past the location today. Be there AND be square.

Spike
Yeah but the two best days for Oley are the 29 adn 30th as well. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards just going to Oley. I got too much to do, to spend two days in a row at shows (or an auction) right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Louie said:
Do you guys know how friday compares to Saturday. Is everyone set up on friday?Thanks,Louie
It's like any other flea market, the serious vendors are there on Fri. Maybe a few more on Sat. Look for the coolest '16 HD with a side car you've ever seen in your life. No seat on the bike, you drive from the car. Rag top on the hack.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did anyone get there? I was there Friday, pretty good crowd, perfect weather. Sorry, this antique 'putor won't let me post pics. Did anyone see the bicycle under the pavilion? Looked 1900's, solid tires, with a sprung front end and seat, extra cool.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I went by it on Sat. night on the way to the Reading MC drags right down the road. Was planning on going to the swap this morning but spent all morning working on the bike instead of riding. Saw a pile of nice old bikes just riding around there. Some real nice indians were there.

p.s. the drags sucked. some dude wrecked hard, hope he is ok, and it was filled with a few hundred too many people trying to give each other tougher looks then the next guy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts