Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I love this site for a lot of reasons. Most of which revolves around the wealth of tech and ideas all of you have to offer. My mother recently dug up for me some old pics and a couple really caught my eye, one of them was of my great grandfather and his bike. I was wondering if anybody can help identify what bike it was and close to what year?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Kind of looks like a late 20's jd Harley-Davidson... But I could be wrong.

Awesome picture regardless

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife has the pics at home with her in Hawaii, I can't wait to examine them with a magnifying glass when I get home from godforsaken Afghanistan. Not to mention work on my junk again.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Judging from the first pic, i'm going to say 1915-1923 from the exhaust style & leafer front end. Very cool pics !!! love the history
P.S. THANK YOU FOR DEFENDING OUR FREEDOM !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off I love this site for a lot of reasons. Most of which revolves around the wealth of tech and ideas all of you have to offer. My mother recently dug up for me some old pics and a couple really caught my eye, one of them was of my great grandfather and his bike. I was wondering if anybody can help identify what bike it was and close to what year?

thanks
........should be proud of that one, not many made and even fewer had their pictures taken with them. ..............Rick

·
Registered
788 Posts
Didn't realize you are an active duty soldier. I appreciate you and our troops defending our country. My kids thank you too.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Raptor,

Now these pics will make you want to get home really bad !!

I returned from there in December, so I know what you mean about that country. I am currently TDY but have got some riding and wrenching time in, although nowhere near as much as I dreamed of ! :cool:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Indian, maybe circa 1910-12. Pedal start, so fairly early. Waaaaayyy too old to be a JD
+1 Definitely an Indian from that era. 1000cc Twin.

Here is a picture... notice the unusual fork and the rear rack with the square section at the back match your Great Grandfathers bike. Also the way the tank fits the frame and the shape of the exhaust.

This photo is a 1913 model...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Everyone, Thanks for the replies. Word has it that I will be home right before thanksgiving and that I have a bunch more pics like this to look at. So when I get home between working on the bonneville and the bronco I will scan and update this thread with new pics. Again thanks for the input as it really adds to the cool factor that this was a pedal start model and super rare, really a piece of family history I enjoy. Now if we only had the bike too!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.