Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
friend is gettin a trump, NO TITLE... what can be done?

i KNOW you guys have been down this road...

is there a site to check the vin, or what?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If you have the vin, I can do a lookup for some states if it's in the system. It's just a publicdata.com account though so I'm not sure it would indicate if the vin is flagged as stolen or something.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Frosty said:
What year Triumph Is your friend buying?In my state a trip to the DMV can tell if it's been "borrowed" or not.
I'd be reluctant to tell them you have the bike, in case it is stolen -- they may grab ya!

I saw a website the other day that was a national clearing house for titling old vehicles where the original title is lost. It was called "unclaimed vehicles" or something. It was not for profit, some gov't/insurance sponsored site.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I saw a website the other day that was a national clearing house for titling old vehicles where the original title is lost. It was called "unclaimed vehicles" or something. It was not for profit, some gov't/insurance sponsored site.[/QUOTE]

Sweet.Post the site here.Pretty please with sugar on top?I cannot believe the goverment would allow for unclaimed titles.To me,that's fishy.Somebody's gonna get taxed somehow.Be interesting to see how it works.Could help alot of people out.

Jimmy D

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
i've always gotten bonded titles here in arkansas but the other day a hotrodder buddy told me about "abandoned vehicle" titles. pretty much you sign a piece of paper stating where you got it and when, state police check the vin and if it's not in the system they cut you a title. still checking on it though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
lilbill said:
i've always gotten bonded titles here in arkansas but the other day a hotrodder buddy told me about "abandoned vehicle" titles. pretty much you sign a piece of paper stating where you got it and when, state police check the vin and if it's not in the system they cut you a title. still checking on it though.
That's exactly what the site I saw was doing. Do a web search on "abandoned vehicle title (state)" where (state) is the state you are interested in. I got a whole bunch of state websites off Yahoo with that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.