Jockey Journal Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so say my sporty gets a no stretch no rake paughco frame for its birthday (LOL, this is how i explain to the girlfriend)... it has an MSO, so i title bike with that, and do i put in VIN for motor?

THEN, after that, can i sell off the stock frame with title? or do i have to kepe the title cause of the motor, or is that now titled under the MSO for frame (i know, confusing, LOL)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Your bike will be titled under the NEW frames #'s. The DMV will want to know the #'s of all of the major components that went into the new frame for documentation purposes. You will now have a "special construction" title.

When you sell your old frame the title should go with it, the person that buys that can put what ever he wants in it and title it as a Harley.

51rat said:
so say my sporty gets a no stretch no rake paughco frame for its birthday (LOL, this is how i explain to the girlfriend)... it has an MSO, so i title bike with that, and do i put in VIN for motor?

THEN, after that, can i sell off the stock frame with title? or do i have to kepe the title cause of the motor, or is that now titled under the MSO for frame (i know, confusing, LOL)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA... caught me on that one...

and no boys, i will be keepin this

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funy how i got a rep on a site taht ive only been on a few months... you guys shoudl see me with cars.. i FINALYL have the car and bike i wanna KEEP

car is 29 sport coupe btw.... and frame and all are being built, i have 90% of the parts alreayd... not givin up on this one!!! my rocket needs a home ... ive been sittin on taht motor, trans and 3x2 intake waaaaaaaaaay too long

·
Registered
319 Posts
heres what i got. a 68 sporty so the title is to the motor. if i get a aftermarket frame, do i have to do anything DMV wise or not since the titles to the motor?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
They title it to the motorcycle. The whole thing. It just has the number on the motor. When you put it in a new frame, the original title should stay with the frame. Even though the frame has no numbers. You will need to show the title to the DMV, and it may be different where you are, but in Florida, they let you keep the original title for the original frame. They issue you a new title, and it will be listed as a 2010 HD. Even though your SN is 68XLCH&&&&&.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
More accurate answer - If there is a frame number present, it will be considered a v.i.n.

If you have a (legal pre-'70) titled engine....look for a very early aftermarket, or stock, or un-numbered frame, to retain your legit '68 ID.

They title it to the motorcycle. The whole thing. It just has the number on the motor. When you put it in a new frame, the original title should stay with the frame.

Even though the frame has no numbers.
Huh ? the original frame didnt have numbers, a modern "aftermarket" one will, which triggers the "Special construction" (FL "ASPT") process/titling.

And having lived in the FL capital for 53 years & dealt with titling & regis here for the last 35, I damned sure wouldnt risk handing some pencil-pusher a oem HD engine-title in a ASPT package....

That bitch would be stapled to a bunch of new-part receipts and disappear into a file drawer in the Kirkman Building, Never to see the light of day again.

------------------------------

K. I. S. S.

Find you a non-numbered frame to work with.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Administrator
7,781 Posts
heres what i got. a 68 sporty so the title is to the motor. if i get a aftermarket frame, do i have to do anything DMV wise or not since the titles to the motor?
Like Doug said, look for an early, unnumbered frame so you can keep the bike titled to the motor ('68).

Have you thought about hardtailing your frame?

·
Registered
319 Posts
that makes total sense. im toying with the idea of hardtailing as well but if i can find a frame for a song i might just go that route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.