Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK Folks, be careful out there ( VIEW AT YOUR DISCRETION - VERY GRAPHIC! )

This is a serious post.

I've been working public safety (Fire/Rescue) volunteer & career for over 20 years....I get pics and info on a regular basis, I thought I would share this with y'all

THESE ARE EXTREMELY GRAPHIC!

Click on this link

http://usera.imagecave.com/DirkLaguna/crash/
these are photos from a Gixxer that crashed at better than 170 mph

I don't post these for the shock value (hence, why I'm posting them off-site) but just to remind everyone what CAN happen....I laid mine down about three months ago, in first gear and cracked a rib and had the right arm in a sling for a month...so you don't have to be a squirrelly squid on a crotch rocket to get messed up

If you have trouble with the link, lemme know

Don't mean to upset anyone....so view at your discretion

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I received the pics from my boss (I work for the Va. Office of Emergency Medical Services, Emergency Operations Branch)

I get pics from localities, fire depts & rescue squads regularly. Many are used in training programs, etc.

I don't know much back history regarding location, scenario for these pics.

Due to the nature of this board, I don't suspect too many of us will be going 170+ on a crotch rocket....but we share the road with those who do....occasionally it's good to be reminded of what CAN happen, because if we fail to not only watch out for ourselves but also for the other guy, we can end up like Toecutter from Mad Max...

Hate to throw a wet blanket on the party....

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Well, I certainly swatted the hornets nest with this post. Didn't mean to, just wanted to remind all to be careful. I, too, have hauled away too many people in an ambulance, and alcohol mixed with stupidity and testosterone was often the cause.

If I offended, I'm sorry, but I don't regret raising this subject because hopefully it will keep OUR safety in the front of everyones mind. I know the pics are an example of the extreme end of motorcyclists and probably not representative of 99.99% of the people on the board, but like I said, we SHARE the road with those types, so we need to keep eyes open. I know we make our choices and take our chances every time we climb on a bike....we just need to make informed decisions and keep our personal safety and the safety of others first and foremost when we ride.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.