Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Hell of an idea but ditto on the diamond plate. If a person made one useing 2 stroke dirtbike jugs you could use the stock finned heads.
Whats up with that bike in the background with the rusty springer and primary ??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lilbill said:
Hell of an idea but ditto on the diamond plate. If a person made one useing 2 stroke dirtbike jugs you could use the stock finned heads.
Whats up with that bike in the background with the rusty springer and primary ??
The 2 cyl head was the plan, but I did it out of stuff we had available at the shop... plan b was to use the tops of pistons to plug the holes, but I couldn't find any laying around the shop that were big enough after boring out the cast iron sleeves...

The next one will have pistons... and one will eventually have cylheads or roker boxes when I find some laying around...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chicagogreaser said:
How much does it weigh and what's the capacity?

I like the way it looks, except for the diamond plate...a neat idea.
I didn't weigh it, however it the cast iron is bored out of it... It is lighter than any steel oiltank for a softtail...

It will hold a little over 2 quarts... It will have a remote auto type filter for obvious reasons!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Different! What kinda motor you running with this oil bag? I have some finned stuff you might be interested in. Old rectangular finned headlite,wierd finned excessories. All left over from my Pan. Pm me if interested, don't know how far your going with this.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's pretty original! Nice.

I don't care for the diamond plate either but that's just me. Doesn't change the fact for me that that is pretty innovative.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts