Jockey Journal Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working with a buddy of mine and we are trying to come up with something different for an oil bag. The problem we are running in to is that everything is coming out to a capacity of about 1 quart.

Is there any reason other than heat that requires you to run 3 or 4 quarts.

If the tank had a shit load of surface area and was made out of copper to address the heat, how long would it take me to blow the bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
oil breaks down and gets dirty so only prob. with runnin 1 quart besides heat is how often you want to change your oil?
but heat is major concern on an air cooled engine

if your bike manual suggest changing oil in a 3 quart system every 1000 miles and your only using 1 quart you would need to cut into 1/3 that means changin oil every 333 miles and my guess is with the extra heat it would even reduce that number
just an example and an opinion

·
Registered
897 Posts
Hi,If you run a remote oil filter you should be able to gain another quart of engine blood.The OIF triumphs had about 2 1/2 quarts of oil in them.Your getting closer to what should be considered as the least amount of oil that should be used.If you put an oil cooler up front you can gain a little more and help with the heat issue.I would still try to get up to the 3 quart capacity if it were me.Just my 2 cents worth,Frosty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts