Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an '83 FXR and on a whim i decided to see what kind of throwout bearing was at the end of my clutch pushrod. When I took the right side cover off i noticed there was no oil slinger behind the wafer style bearing and the washers. And the bearing looked dessimated.

I picked up a late-style bearing kit. When i have the oil slinger on I can't put the cover back on. The slinger is too big. My ultimate question here is if I go to the Bell type throwout bearing will i have the clearance to put my cover back on. Is that bearing smaller than the late style oil slinger(i've never seen one in person)?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
884 Posts
trip on this. newer bikes don't have a slinger on them and they have the same style of bearing. so you could probably get away with not running it.
as for the bell type of bearing. on some covers you have to clearance it to get the throwout bearing to fit in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.