Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a remote oil filter I want to put on my triumph. The only problem is my filter has 3/8 hose barbs welded into it and the lines are 5/16 on my bike. What's the cleanest way to step it down?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Change the fittings at the other end and run 3/8" hose. Other than that, you could use straight reducing couplings that would be nearly invisible if you were to use oetiker clamps with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
can you use hard line? for example polished stainless steel brake line with correct fitting, & hook to a barss connector maybe 1 foot away, & your hose joining, & route to a more hidden location, & then use a fitting to scew into from 1 side, the larger size, & smaller size on other?

did I explain that right? or something like Russel lines & fittings you can find something suitable.

I have brazed 2 different metal lines together when I didnt want it to show, & had only the 2 clamps to show, but was on a budget. I have done 1/4 to 5/16, on gas line, not saying it is the best method, but it worked for years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.