Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hooking up an oil cooler on my TR6 bobber and am pretty sure it goes on the return line before the rocker box t. Is this right?? Thanks in advance.
TTS

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
HappyCrappy67 said:
I am hooking up an oil cooler on my TR6 bobber and am pretty sure it goes on the return line before the rocker box t. Is this right?? Thanks in advance.
TTS
oil cooler ?? shit, a triumph won't run long enough to get hot ;)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Just out of curiosity, and not to sound like I'm poking at your idea, but why do you need an oil cooler on your trump? Are you running a 750 kit or larger? What sort of outside high temps do you get in NM? Are you running a spin-on filter? Just curious. Show us some pics too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No offense taken. I had one laying around and I had a big slab of steel in the bottom part of my newly rigged hardtail. Viola; cooler oil and now it looks like all serves a purpose. I don't unfortunatly have a filter set up laying around and little Lucille(new daughter) requires that I buy nothing. It does get into the hundreds around here and I have had some very hot runs and figured cooler oil couldn't be bad for a somewhat fair weathered rider. When it gets cold I prefer the 51 Chevy. I will post some pics soon.
TTS

scootermcrad said:
Just out of curiosity, and not to sound like I'm poking at your idea, but why do you need an oil cooler on your trump? Are you running a 750 kit or larger? What sort of outside high temps do you get in NM? Are you running a spin-on filter? Just curious. Show us some pics too.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Ahhh... cool(er) oil in 100+ dry temps does help! A buddy of mine has a later, souped up shovel and he runs a cool oil cooler on his. It's actually a tranny cooler I think and it's more for automotive application. It's basically a cylinder with fins length wise. It looks good with his down tubes strattling either side. I've been meaning to post pics of it actually. I'll try to get some together.
HappyCrappy67 said:
No offense taken. I had one laying around and I had a big slab of steel in the bottom part of my newly rigged hardtail. Viola; cooler oil and now it looks like all serves a purpose. I don't unfortunatly have a filter set up laying around and little Lucille(new daughter) requires that I buy nothing. It does get into the hundreds around here and I have had some very hot runs and figured cooler oil couldn't be bad for a somewhat fair weathered rider. When it gets cold I prefer the 51 Chevy. I will post some pics soon.
TTS

·
Registered
2,065 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats the one I put on my bike. It doesn't look that bad the way I have it mounted; right behind the engine but kinda hidden. I'll take some pics this weekend and throw them on here monday.
TTS

sojerscraper said:
thats a neat part. pretty fugly though for a stripped down bobber. ill keep you all posted if i ever come across something similar but a little more sexy.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetail.aspx?PID=740-502&cs=Vintage&GID=E53F9C44-DA59-4308-855F-576EBEF92EAE&store=All&page=1&search=oil%20cooler/filter

that one is even uglier and doesnt have a filter but its cheap & would possibly be easy to hide under the motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts