Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not holding oil but gas, great idea, scanned from a swedish rodmagazine.....
The gastanks are made of parts from a industrial printer. I love people using anything but "mailorder" custom parts!

Here in Sweden it has been pretty common using stuff bought at IKEA for Hot Rods and motorcycles, like stainless steel bowls welded together for oil/gastanks, or doorknobs for shifterknobs....KOOL!!! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I thought I was the only one using IKEA stuff for bike parts.The main body of mine is a piece of semi truck exhaust stack, the top is from ford flathead oil filter cannister, the bottom piece is from an IKEA ceiling light, the filler neck is part of an old bicycle tire pump. holds about three and half quarts.

fuzzagogo said:
The gastanks are made of parts from a industrial printer. I love people using anything but "mailorder" custom parts!

Here in Sweden it has been pretty common using stuff bought at IKEA for Hot Rods and motorcycles, like stainless steel bowls welded together for oil/gastanks, or doorknobs for shifterknobs....KOOL!!! :D

·
Registered
770 Posts
B + M said:
I thought I was the only one using IKEA stuff for bike parts.The main body of mine is a piece of semi truck exhaust stack, the top is from ford flathead oil filter cannister, the bottom piece is from an IKEA ceiling light, the filler neck is part of an old bicycle tire pump. holds about three and half quarts.

dude, there is all kinds of good shit in home decor shops. When I fucked up the plasti-chrome speedo buck on my bonneville america, I made one out of a stainless container i got from Bed Bath and beyond for $8. 8 might be alot for some gay container, but for a speedo bucket its a damn bargain. And it had a sweet brushed look. Way better looking than stock.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
fuzzagogo said:

Ha! Yes man, when my girlfriend ask me to go with her for a walk trough IKEA I'm always there..just to look at stainless or cast aluminum shapes they have for lamps, vases, bowls, etc..:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts