Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an FRC chassis that I'm slowly figuring out how to put together, and I've come to the oil bag. I picked one up on Ebay which was to fit a "4 speed rigid". Well, the holes line up, but no matter what, it ain't allowing enough room for the top of my revtech 4 to operate. There's enough room to clear, but there's no way the clutch cable's going to operate.

Soooo, (get out your USA twins / Jireh / Mid-USA catalog) . . . the one I have appears to be part #26-120, but my question is - would something like 26-117 (3 quart) or 26-118 (4 quart) fit? I've selected these since their mounts appear to give much more room underneath. The one I have now has mounts that come straight from the bottom.

Thank for any help.

Ryan

·
Registered
962 Posts
Any oil bag that is made for "aluminum primary" will do what you need, and you could also see if any of the mousetrap type tranny clutch arms will help also.

A formal challenge to you:

Make the oil tank / clutch arm you have work, and post pics here when it does. I promise you will be one satisfied person the day you post those pics.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dr. Jett said:
Any oil bag that is made for "aluminum primary" will do what you need, and you could also see if any of the mousetrap type tranny clutch arms will help also.

A formal challenge to you:

Make the oil tank / clutch arm you have work, and post pics here when it does. I promise you will be one satisfied person the day you post those pics.
I know, I know, I should make it work. We'll see.

Thank you for your help, though, very much appreciated.

Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts