I agree with Goldy's assessment of modifying an OIF. I learned the hard way back in the 70's, thrashed my engine from the debris. After a rebuild, not as easily done back then in rural west texas, I found an earlier frame and chopped that.
Time for another update...most of us are waiting for the winter to just 'go away' here in Nova Scotia. Not that it's been a bad one so far this year, but by this time everybody is starting to get sick of it and ready for warmer weather. The old oil furnace has been chugging away in my garage during many's the daytime hour and things have been slowly getting done on the Triumph project. A lot of small stuff...centre stand, signal lights, cables, side covers are ether mounted, or ready for paint and I started work on the fuel tank too. Speaking of that, it was remarkably clean looking inside, but on closer inspection, I could see electric weld burns on the left side. After removing the cheap-ass paint and filler, I found that somebody had removed some dents by welding something to the side of the tank and pulling it out. In short, I don't trust any fuel tank that has been welded, so I've decided to put a Caswell liner kit into it. Better that than have a nice paint job ruined by a pinhole leak. The exhaust came in and was fitted up...these aftermarket things never fit like you want them to, but with some home-spun aluminum spacers the mufflers were finally clamped firmly in place. I'll get ready for paint after the liner is cured. It'll soon be time to start building a wiring harness as well.
Hummm....It's going to take me a while to figgure out how this new format works. Anyhow, things can't stay the same forever and I guess we have to get used to it. I've been slowly tinkering away ay the Triumph project, not much 'picture worthy stuff, but I did get the paint work underway and clearcoat applied. Blue candy over silver metalflake.