Jockey Journal Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
An original sand cast drum cover. It extends to the recess to clear the hub.
And despite their place in history, the wheels on your bike kill the overall look and add a little too much reaching to the effect!
Robbie

Discussion starter · #45 ·
Impressive. Could you explain what you did for the valve train? Maybe some build pics.
The rockers are stock sportster. I replaced the bushings in them with bronze "T" bushings to provide a replaceable bearing surface with side-to-side wear. There are hardened washers between the rockers and the insides of the brackets. O-rings provide a little bit of a seal. The rockers pivot on tubes that are slightly longer than the rocker is wide. This way, when the through bolt it tightened down, it does not tighten on the rocker. Grease is supplied throught the bolt.

Attachments

So how does it run? I think magnums are badass and I love the exposed rockers. I saw your post on the Dl that bike turn out great. I'm currently hunting parts for my 29 dl project. Great work!

Discussion starter · #47 ·
So how does it run? I think magnums are badass and I love the exposed rockers. I saw your post on the Dl that bike turn out great. I'm currently hunting parts for my 29 dl project. Great work!
To be honest, I have not started it up yet. I just finished it last week and I am trying to get some professional pictures of it first. Then I can scratch, spill gas and take stuff apart if it needs tweeking without it bothering me(too much)!!

i like it alot
i'm into building hybrids myself for the last 2 years
with WL "45 bottom and matchless top

in the past abouth 22 yrs ago i build a knuckle EL bottom with reworked panhead top
with a 4 speed transmission in my liberator back then i had no cash and my engine and tranny wasn't repairable of the "45
my cousin had these other parts laying around and i could have them for free
it took me a year to build and it still runs i'm sure
i parked it in my cousins shop 12 years ago and haven't seen it since then

i like making strange stuff
and i like others how think the same ,and build out of the box creations too !!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.