Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to a test and tune day at the strip by my house (US 131 dragway).there were a couple snowmobiles setup for asphalt drag racing.they were sick as hell.running in the low 10's.one ran a ten flat which was crazy as hell.

we got to talking to one of the guys about the sleds and such.he said they have a couple big events up there in the summer,which like 40 sleds.said the faster ones are using turbos AND spraying them with nitrous,also running in the 8's.he mentioned the world record for asphalt on a sled was set at our track last year too, 7.96 @ 172mph

these things are sick as hell.the ones up there yesterday were 2 stroke triples,i didnt get the size of the engines though,i got caught up after he told us about the world record run

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
we have em here too...

screw that crap, i wouldnt ride em

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they do,but man they were fun as hell to watch..i stopped giving a shit about watching the cars,it was fun watching those sleds .the trackw as cold,so they were spinning the tracks all the way down.

·
Registered
351 Posts
That Shit Has Got To Be Fun As Hell! Tk.

·
Atomic Custom
3,829 Posts
I never ran mine on the asphalt (ThunderCat, modded to about 200 hp), but a buddy did. ZRT 800 with the 1000 kit, that fucker was fast. Cant remember his times (its been a few years), but the only problem we had was traction.. Could never seem to make that thing hook.

·
Registered
117 Posts
They've been running them here for 8-10 years.The fastest one I saw was 9.50's.They do look screwy on asphalt.The bike guys hate them.

First time I saw one,he pulled in front of me at tech.I was kinda pissed (a snowmobile on asphalt....c'mon!!!!)Me being a regular,and this guy flies through tech with NO hassle????They crawl all over the cars day to day and week to week.You know how NHRA tracks are.Being a snomobile owner,I knew they were fast,but holy shit.No wonder the ricers hate them.Pretty cool,you get more use out of them that way.Anyone figured out how to use a boat or jet ski in the winter yet????

Jimmy D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts