Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this question comes up at least once a week, but every state is different. Anyone have any problems using paperwork from a title service to title and register in NYC? I'm in Jersey, and I WILL have a problem here. I was thinking of having a friend do it in Brooklyn, and "sell" back to me. I know NY doesn't issue a "title", just a transferranble reg. But that should be okay since I didn' have any trouble transferring my Riv with one.

Anyone? Did it have to be sight inspected aqt DMV?

Thanks
-B

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, that's promosing news. I was reading through the literature on the Broadway Title website... Jersey was one of the states they can't issue a title for. Fuck it... Might as well just try it. I just don't want to pay another $100 if the "MVC" tells me to go screw myself.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
sideshow01 said:
Well, that's promosing news. I was reading through the literature on the Broadway Title website... Jersey was one of the states they can't issue a title for. Fuck it... Might as well just try it. I just don't want to pay another $100 if the "MVC" tells me to go screw myself.
wow thats news to me, i just looked and your right. about 6 months ago that wasnt the case.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went so far as to call the MVC a few months ago, and ask what I would need to title a bike that didn't have one... The woman on the phone actually told me I'd have to JUNK it!

There's gotta be a way. I'll keep you posted on anything I find out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts