Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm plannin a ride out to Ocatillo Wells and campin out. We haven't set a date yet, but there's some nice riding out there. Figured we'd spend the day riding and get out there to set up camp before it gets dark, have a big ass bonfire and grill up some food and drink till we pass out. Get up in the morning and ride out to Julian for breakfast or just hual ass home if you want. Probably have someone with a truck bring supplies. If there's any interest I'll post details for you guys. Should be a lot of fun.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PUKING RALLY! Yea, we should call this the Duane can't go to the Smokeout Run cause his sister is getting married on the same day run. Spread the word. We're going to tie scott up and drag him out there if we have to.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:
November 18th Meet at 12:00 in Solono Beach (possibly at Moreland Choppers, but I haven't talked to them about it yet, to that's TBD). Ride leaves at 1:00 pm sharp. Sunset in Ocatillo Wells at 5:00pm. So 4 hours should be plenty of time to get out there and set up camp. Might send some people ahead in trucks to set up the camp so beer will be cold and the fire hot when we arrive. Maps will be available at the ride so you can either ride as a group or peel off. I hate riding in groups bigger then 2 or 3 myself. We'll have a couple of designated gas stops mapped out with milage. Fill up where you want, this is just to help anyone that's not from the area. Punk Rock screen printed patches will be available for people that actually camps. Riding is encouraged, but if you want to drive your truck or car or whatever that's up to you. This is as much about camping as it is riding. If people want to pool money together for Beer let me know. Maybe a Keg or 6?

Camping at Ocatillo Wells is free, but it will probably be a little crowded with the off road season in full swing. It can get really fucking cold at night that time of year so dress accordingly. For safety reasons if there are any big storms in the area we will probably cancel or figure out another camping destination because it can snow in the mountains and Ocatillo Wells has flash floods. Normally November is really nice out there though.

Thanksgiving is the following weekend, and that is the "Big" weekend out there, so maybe we'll beat the rush.

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
just for future notice , a good campsite is la jolla indian res , up past the animal park . crazy shallow rapids & tubing . . . lots of fun . I think its like $5 for camping or something . it can be 100 degrees out side and it has 50 degree water in the crick .

·
motorcycle enthusiast
2,656 Posts
ALl the times Ive been it was never too packed , Id say pick a saturday and shoot up there to see it for yourself . We usualy go up on a friday afternoon to get spots , but I would think friday evening would be good enough ? I dont ever remember it being REALLY crowded .

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still planning on going camping that weekend, I don't and most likely won't have a bike to ride, so I'll be driving my truck. If you're interested mark it on your Calender. I've been talking to some people about good spots. Depending on the Weather La Jolla Inidian Reservation is on the table. The Desert might be a little rough since dudes with Toy Haulers ussually grab up the spots off the Highway. You've normally got to drive in a ways to get a spot that time of year. There's a number of camp grounds, but they might not be too keen on a bunch of guys getting rowdy. Anyway, just bumping this too see if there's still an interest.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I want to go but I gotta find out when I get surgery for my torn acl (fuckin Poway skatepark:mad: ). If I get cut up after the trip I'll be able to ride, but if it's before, I'll hardly be able to walk and that's with crutches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.