Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While i'm showing my basket case bonne to a potential buyer today. The guy pointed something out to me that i didnt even notice. a hole in the inner primary case. it looks like someone started drilling and broke it or something like that. there is also some filing around the area. basically it leaves the motor in worst shape than I thought. sucks for me, sucks for the guy who used to be interrested. now i'm gonna have to part this thing out.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fouraceswes said:
I would plug the hole with JB weld and forget about it unless it goes all the way into the cases and into the bottom end. Tell any potential customers they are lucky to get an inner primary for the bike. . .
I got the outer with er too. It starts to penitrate the casing but stops almost like someone was wasted and had a moment of clarity or something. I'm thinkin I should clean that fuker up a little. Those pics i took look horrible. It's crazy how many people out there don't understand what the work Basket case means in an ad. It is what it is.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
filthy chris said:
ya could find someone to weld it up but cast alum. is a fucking BITCH!!!
I can weld it or lead it if need be. This is what happens when you try to sell a bike that you are attached to. I really just need to get rid of it before i decide to keep it for myself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Keepit! Make babies and sell em to gypsies if ya need the money. nah , just kidding. I had a 50 chevy, chopped and everything. I just left it parked on the street in boston when I moved to AZ. Sucks gettin rid of shit that you wanna keep. good luck

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
filthy chris said:
Keepit! Make babies and sell em to gypsies if ya need the money. nah , just kidding. I had a 50 chevy, chopped and everything. I just left it parked on the street in boston when I moved to AZ. Sucks gettin rid of shit that you wanna keep. good luck
I sold a 66 satellite last year cuz i couldnt afford to keep it running. It felt like a family member died when i saw er leave on a flatbed. shit sucks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
exmonkeypunk said:
I sold a 66 satellite last year cuz i couldnt afford to keep it running. It felt like a family member died when i saw er leave on a flatbed. shit sucks.
I know the feeling, it sucks! I'm a compulsive wheeler and dealer on a tight budget, so most of the time to finish a project or start a new project I have to part with something that I love and would keep if I had room/money/time.

I've been pretty lucky to find good homes for my projects and have made some really good friends in the process. But it's always sad to see it on the truck or in someone else's garage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
4043 fill rod will fix that right up thats a good rod to use on cast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts