Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a few shots of the performance cycle triple norton out of metarie La. We built this bike and ran it 77 thru 80. Tom from dragbike bought it then Dt howard got it and stuck the triclops name on it but never raced it . Tc christenson now drags it around to the events and talks about running it but probably wont. I will post some pictures of it got some with elmer and marion owens and joe thronson back in the days. Met some great people out there throughout the 70s . Allen Mavor . Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Helmet Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:Cool:
Heres a few shots of the performance cycle triple norton out of metarie La. We built this bike and ran it 77 thru 80. Tom from dragbike bought it then Dt howard got it and stuck the triclops name on it but never raced it . Tc christenson now drags it around to the events and talks about running it but probably wont. I will post some pictures of it got some with elmer and marion owens and joe thronson back in the days. Met some great people out there throughout the 70s . Allen Mavor . View attachment 70204

View attachment 70205

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey nick hows it hanging I sure recognize that spot on earth you guys standing on in the pics. I pulled a few bottom ends apart to get 3 e start cranks out with rods so the guys at the milwaukee tech school could balance them to set up some new motors. they wanted to do the job no charge as a school project they where gonna plum it up with new braided lines and basicly do the job as a trade out for the advertisement that it would give them. stayed on TC for 3 months to order some pistons to get it done and finally told him just get one set they need to have pistons in hand to balance the sets. He finally calls venolia and the original owner who use to make pistons for him no charge passed away the week before . man that had him walking around holding his head for the next week you know the end of the world is coming etc etc etc. anyway its probably better to just roll it around and talk about it I dont think a 35 year old piece of chromemoly should be run again anyway. I told him when i was up there to sell it to the national museum since that guy was a norton fiend I would build a fresh one and when he calls that guy passed away too. man that had him holding his head.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,454 Posts
hello, im zack the mechanic at sunset. TC did run the bike, mostly another guy he had racing for him. theres a picture on the wall near the door of the guy riding it with sunset painted on the side. the bike has been sitting for a while because basically everyone bailed on TC and then his life basically fell apart and he also got some fuckin idiot mechanics working for him for a while. his son also died a little over a year ago. tc and john(when i see him at the shows) keep asking me to get that triple going, but honestly what is the point? it isnt old enough to be a cool antique, and its not new enough to be a relevant race bike. so i have little interest in rebuilding 3 motors(thats whats wrong with it, it has 3 shit motors) TC has a motor started on the bench, been there since ive been working there a little over a year. i wish you could talk TC into selling that thing back to you. im trying my best to get TC excited about restoring his original drag bike but he keeps wanting to bury that thing int he shed and forget about it. he doesnt realize that people actually wanna see that "old junk".... i basically have to place a wrench in his hand sometimes its sad to see him so unhappy and unmotivated. thats as much as i wanna say at the moment but if you wanna talk to TC call him up.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Alan..keep in mind that whenever we raced it, and whenever it is mentioned, I hasten to tell EVERYONE that YOU built it at the Performance Cycles shop in Metairie, La.on Airline Highway. I wanted to be sure that you got your due for putting together such a sweet sounding, straight running machine which , had it been put together by someone less talented, could have been a god-awful wobble flog piece. You have a lot of credit coming for making it and making it right.
Tom Loughlin Jr.
Tom,

It's damned refreshing to run up on a guy that gives credit where credit is due. Big respect. And welcome to the JJ.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.