Jockey Journal Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Super cool bikes, but it doesn't look like they are gonna happen (at least in large scale production). The main backer has pulled out becuase it is gonna take something like 10 million more to get them to the point of production and they have already spent a ton.

I think Mr. Dreer has already put out a statement to the affect that it is not gonna happen.

That is too bad because I would love to see them on the road and would really love to own one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These were from a different, earlier run of custom Nortons that Dreer put together before the new venture. Taking old frames/motors and updating with new parts, internals, etc.

From what I've been reading, the new(est) venture is apparently D.O.A. The first round of bikes made it out to the buyers, but the people who put a deposit on the second round just got their deposit checks back.

Not sure how it could take $10 Million to set-up a small production shop, buy parts, hire people to put together a run of bikes. Maybe they made the same mistake as Indian by blowing through all of their cash trying to develop a custom motor when a stock S&S would have probably been fine to start with. I think they blew a huge amount of cash to buy the worldwide rights to the Norton name and unite it in one company.

My hat goes off to Confederate for being able to stay in business doing short run hand-made bikes using a combination of choice stock parts and engineering, plus some great design and chassis work. They also aren't saddled with the heritage of a name like Indian or Norton.

Now that Indian is being revived once again by Chris Craft, we'll get to see it happen all over again most likely.

Then there's that dude building the "new" Vincent....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.